Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel
04-17-2005, 10:28 AM,
Cozumel
I just got back from diving cozumel in the early part of April. This was my 8th time visiting the island, and as usual it doesn't disappoint. The water was warm, the vis was outstanding for the most part. The reef is looking wonderful, and the hotel (Casa del Mar) was fun. This year we dove with papa hogs. The divemaster was great, the owner seems to be a little full of himself, or grumpy, I am not sure which. They were great to dive with though and picked us up at our dock. That is probably the thing that I love the most about cozumel compared to just about anywhere else that I have dived, most of the resorts have a pier so you can just get picked up at your resort. I know I am going to miss that when I go down to cabo this week and have to drive to the dive shop, but I guess I shouldn't complain as I still get to go diving right. However back to cozumel, we dove Yucab, Santa Rosa Wall, Paradise gardens, and Palancar. They were all beautiful. We saw tons of angelfish, surgeonfish, filefish, lobsters, you name it, we saw it except for no turtles or sharks this time, but I guess you cant have it all. Overall it was a great trip and I was happy to get back down there after a summer of diving up here. I love the vis down there. It was a wonderful trip.
diving is life
04-17-2005, 11:16 AM,
Re: Cozumel
Good for you.  Glad you had fun.  Have you ever used Aqua Safari or stayed at the Safari Inn?
04-18-2005, 04:22 PM,
Re: Cozumel
I am surprised that you did not see turtles.  We saw turtles on just about every dive about the same time last year.

The world keeps changing, that is why we dive to see the differnce.

Doug