Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lannon Quarry
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM,
Lannon Quarry
Stopped by Lannon today to see if I could get some skills practice in this weekend. Open water about 3 feet from the edge, but still solid ice across the quarry. Hopefully in the next week it will open up. It's not much, but it's near home Wink. Will report again when it's open.
04-11-2005, 01:43 PM,
Re: Lannon Quarry
Well we did our checkout dives for the IDC this weekend at Lannon Quarry.  I can only describe it as COLD!!!!! 

Visibility was less than 2 feet at depth (and that is being generous).  Colin made a comment that the vis was approximately negative 2 feet if such a thing is possible. 

It was nice to see some old faces that I have not seen since the last dive there in October.  I think if the weather holds out this should be a great diving year with good water temps.

Rich

04-11-2005, 04:04 PM,
Thanks for the report. I thought about heading over there yesterday to try a few things out, but got lazy. I guess I didn't miss anything with that great visibility.
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM,
Same problem in the Madison lakes.

A few weeks ago we still had ice cover and great vis, but now that the ice is gone t hevis sucks. Not quite the "negative retina" that Lannon now has, but pretty close. :'(

Jon
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM,
Well I was out diving Lannon again with Colin of Underwater Connection and Wes from Fontana in Madison. 

The water has defiantly warmed up over the past two weeks and temps were averaging at about 52 degrees (Great Drysuit Diving Weather).  Now that was only in 15 feet of water but what a difference compared to two weeks ago!  Visibility is getting better as well. 

The blue gills are out and everywhere around the dive site entrance. 

:o :o I do want to point out that there seams to be an abundance of lines submerged and could create an entanglement hazard.  Remember if we put them there we need to take them out. :o :o

It is too bad that I have a class this weekend or I would defiantly be back out there.
04-27-2005, 01:06 PM,
With the report of "better" visibility Scubert and I decided to head over to Lannon today. Surface temp was 50 and visibility was about 2 feet from the surface down to 30 feet. From 30 ft to the bottom visibility opened up to about 12 feet. Much better than it was shallow but not good enough to see the crane in 120 feet ;D.
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM,
2 feet is double 1, so that is better....
With that exciting report I think I'll take the boat tomorrow out to the real crane in 130 off Rawley point and check the mooring.  Maybe even run up to the America - lake is suppose to be 1' or less tomorrow.  Wind forecast is pretty light.
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM,
want company?
04-28-2005, 09:13 PM,
Had some,  Stacy and I need a couple days for ourselves.  Bueatiful forecast friday, but headed downhill for the weekend.
I'd go back to the crane or baldwin for a night dive if we had a few guys interested friday afternoon.
Greg
04-29-2005, 08:34 AM,
Had some,  Stacy and I need a couple days for ourselves.  Bueatiful forecast friday, but headed downhill for the weekend.
I'd go back to the crane or baldwin for a night dive if we had a few guys interested friday afternoon.
Greg
[/quote]

I'd only go on a night dive if I could do the entire dive with my Scout :-\