Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice Diving @ Lake Wazee - March 9th
03-12-2003, 07:14 PM,
Re:Ice Diving @ Lake Wazee - March 9th
That's pretty neat. Your harness and rope configuration look almost exactly the same as a scuba ice diving rig...which would make sense of course since you've got a lot of scuba diving experience.

Freediving is pretty neat. I've done some very, very amateur freediving at a few places, mainly during my SA's. It's been fun - the best thing about it is the utter silence - not a sound! It's very peaceful.

I personally think the sound of bubbles is kind of relaxing, but it was even more serene without them. I see how freediving could become another addiction...
03-13-2003, 03:46 PM,
My divebuddy and I were out doing a little freediving/spearing last Saturday for about 3 hours. We had a good time, but I am looking forward to the much warmer weather coming up this weekend. ;D

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Days_catch.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-14-2003, 10:59 AM,
Nice catch...what on earth do you do with those carp though?
03-14-2003, 12:12 PM,
Yummm...... Sushi!

--Jason
03-14-2003, 01:19 PM,
Actually, one of the ladies that I play underwater hockey with smokes them for us.

My grandfather recently gave me a handful of recipies from my great-grandmother try. There was a time in this country when carp were raised to be eaten. A friend of mine in from the Czech Republic and says that they eat carp there every Christmas. She said that it's a tradition that goes back to kings from the 14th century over there.

Jon
03-14-2003, 02:45 PM,
I just got back from having Sushi for lunch - a carp is the last thing I ever want to see on my little bed of rice!

I've heard that they are good smoked...I'd be curious to try I guess but the reputation of a carp is not a pleasant one.