Remember me
Lost Password Register

Trimix in Tennessee
03-28-2005, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2005, 06:42 AM by Chris H.)
Re: Trimix in Tennessee

I wanted to be ready for the dive season as soon as possible.  By the time the water is warm enough here to do any significant deco, especially deco training, the dive season is half over.  After doing the course, I don't think I have ever been more ready to go dive some of the great wrecks Lake Michigan has to offer.  Greg has a proven track record and is an outstanding instructor who makes himself available to his students nearly any time of day.  I don't know of any other Trimix instructors in the area who are consistently doing these types of dives.  If I'm going to be Trimix diving in the area, I will most likely be on Greg's boat.  Who better to build a rapport with than the captain/instructor?  Greg knows what to expect from me, and I know what he expects too.  Let's face it.  These dives are the real thing.  We need to have our stuff together to make sure we come back every time.  I feel that Shipwreck Adventures gave me the best training available for the diving I want to do.

The only change I made to my equipment was the number of tanks I had clipped to my left D-rings.    That is the beauty of a hogarthian/DIR rig.

If you filled your car with gas, and then later you were driving down the road and the gas tank blew up, would you be liable? 

03-29-2005, 08:27 PM,
Re: Trimix in Tennesee

Try the link. It is not much, captured off tape.

03-30-2005, 07:13 PM,
Who's that GOOBER with the screwed up light chord and all of the s**t hanging out of his pockets??? ;D You didn't HAVE to put a link for the pictures!
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM,
Convoluted Smile

03-30-2005, 08:24 PM,

That's a nice way to put it. I can always claim "student status" :Smile
03-30-2005, 09:12 PM,

That's a nice way to put it. I can always claim "student status" :Smile
[/quote]

Everyone had a few bugs on day one..... 
And either they got over them or wore the ........  :'(
03-31-2005, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2005, 07:47 AM by matt t..)
Quote:
Everyone had a few bugs on day one..... 
And either they got over them or wore the ........   :'(
Quote:
......"DIR back-up pacifier". Aaahh the memories. They're starting to fade already :-[