Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba diving in the Philippines, Leyte
03-12-2005, 03:26 AM,
Scuba diving in the Philippines, Leyte
My wife and I are going for an extended stay in Leyte, near Tacloban or Palompon.  A dive buddy is coming along for part of the trip.  I want to live like a bum in a bamboo hut with woven mat walls and thatched grass over a wood floor.  My wife snorkels but My buddy and I are interested in doing both shore and boat dives.  We are OK with  few guided dives but would prefer to do our own thing for the most part.

So, any ideas or suggestions.  Dives shops or resorts that are recommended?  What gear do we take?  Mask? BC?  Regulator?  Finns?  Computer?  Lights?

Anyone have any experiences diving in Cebu, Bohol, or Leyte?  I should add that my wife is from Leyte so I'm hoping we can blend in a little and not just be tourists.  Has anyone any firthand knowledge of a palce called Peter's Dive Resort?

Thanks,
alan
03-12-2005, 11:27 AM,
Re: Scuba diving in the Philippines, Leyte
Have you posted this on scubaboard.com?
03-12-2005, 01:24 PM,
Re: Scuba diving in the Philippines, Leyte
Thanks MikeS,
No, I haven't yet but by some strange twist of fate there is a post over in the General Discussions area right here from a Norwegian guy living on an island between Cebu and Leyte.  He's looking to share info and go diving with anyone from here should we be in his area!  What luck!  He even has a web-site with useful info and posted the link.