Remember me
Lost Password Register

Montigo Bay, Jamaica Info Needed
03-07-2005, 09:57 PM,
Montigo Bay, Jamaica Info Needed
  Need some help here folks.
 I'm going to Half Moon Resort in Montigo Bay, Jamaica and have a list of dive sites available to me. Has anyone dove any of these sights and or have any suggestions as to which ones to dive first?

Scuba Diving, North Coast Marine Sports LTD offers several exciting dive sites, all a short distance from the Half Moon shoreline.

Locations
Chub Reef - (fish feeding)
Canyon Reef (swim in and out of caverns)
Half Moon Reef (a great variety of sponges and fishes)
Anchor - Wall Dive (sea turtles, sting rays, vibrant )
Colony Reef - (beds of finger corals)
Golden Fleece Reef (pillar corals, elkhorn corals and more)

This is not a dive trip so I might only have time for one or two dives.
  Any input would be helpful!
           Thanks,
           Rik O+<
03-08-2005, 07:29 AM,
Re: Montigo Bay, Jamaica Info Needed
the only one on your list I've done is Chubb reef.
My favorite dive in Jamaica was Widow-Maker in the Montego Bay Marine Park.  Depending on your hotel/dive op, they may not go all the way over to the Park, it was about 40 minutes from where I stayed, but they needed to go to the marina for a few parts anyway. 

That being said, if you've ever done any tropical diving in the caribbean or elsewhere, you will probably be disappointed with Jamaica.  And MB is better than the rest of the island with the marine park so close.  Jamaica is VERY overfished, like almost to the point of desolation underwater.

But, a dive is a dive, and especially if it isn't a diving vacation, go have fun.
03-08-2005, 09:44 PM,
Re: Montigo Bay, Jamaica Info Needed
Thanks for the info, I was woudering what the diving quality was there.
  I've done dives in Mexico, Reefs, Cenote's ect.
I'll ask them about "Widow Maker"
Your right about a dive is a dive: at this point I need to get wet it's allready been 4 weeks since I was Cenote diving!
  Either way the water will be wet & warm and the diving will be free but I don't know how much time I can use for diving until I get there!
  I'll have my regs with me as usual and I'll dive when I can!
It's got to be better than Lannon!
    Ya man.
    Rik O+<