Remember me
Lost Password Register

"FreeDive" show on Discovery Channel Tonite!
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM,
"FreeDive" show on Discovery Channel Tonite!
Sorry for the late notice, but just saw it myself:

Discovery Channel, 7pm

"FreeDive"
World champion Tanya Streeter teachers a novice the sport of free diving.

It's also repeated at 10pm.
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM,
Re: "FreeDive" show on Discovery Channel Tonite!
I was just watching the 10pm one and was going to see if anyone else had caught it Smile

Cool show actually.
02-10-2005, 11:23 PM,
yes, I watched it.. thanks for the note that it was going to be re-shown at 10:00 as I was on the road for the early one.. my son-in-law called me to see if I was watching it earlier..
it was done very well.. I only caught one miss.. when they said he would either have to turn around or just bear the pain of the ear to make a dive.. well, you bear too much pain in the ear and we know what will happen.. broken ear drum.. won't make for a very clean dive when you get back to the surface with blood coming from your ear and loss of balance.  It helped explain some things to my wife that she wasn't aware of.. mainly about the trouble when he brought air up from his lungs to fill his mouth again so to have air to equalize.  I ran into this at only around 75' and found that if I make a ummmmmmph kinda a noise in my throat as I bring the air up from my lungs.. I get the air from my lungs to make it to my mouth without all the commotion of swallowing it or not getting it to come up from the lungs.  Guess you have to go there, try that.. Then  I found that filling my mouth with more air at the surface could help get me a little deeper before I had to bring the air from the lungs...  interesting eh?
02-11-2005, 09:23 AM,
Yeah, that caught my attention too.  I'm sitting there thinking "uh huh...go to 150 without clearing properly??? Riiiiight". 
02-11-2005, 09:48 PM,
I thought it was a really good show.  Worth the time to watch and great underwater segments.

The equalization thing also made me go Ahhhhh right.  You would be a mess forcing it that deep.

Doug