Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ghost Ships Festival this weekend!
02-16-2005, 04:19 PM,
Ghost Ships Festival this weekend!
wiscuba.com is pleased to be a sponsor and exhibitor at the 6th Annual Ghost Ships Festival this Friday and Saturday at the Four Points Sheraton in Milwaukee.    Come spend a day learning shipwreck lore, meeting exporers and researchers,  and hanging out with fellow divers. 

Jason and I are working the wiscuba.com table on Saturday.  Please stop by and say hi.  We would love to meet everyone.  See you at the show!
--Jason
02-20-2005, 10:35 AM,
Re: Ghost Ships Festival this weekend!
It was a great show!

It was a lot of fun meeting everyone from the board that stopped by the booth and swapping dive stories.  I can finally put faces to a lot of the names around here Smile

I swapped more dive tales this weekend than I ever have...definitely a good time!

Next year I'll have to figure out how to actually make it to some more of the presentations. 
02-20-2005, 06:21 PM,
Hello Guys

It was nice meeting you at the festival.  We will have to get together and blow some bubbles sometime.  Old stories are great, but I'm always in favor of making new ones.  What do you say to doing the Willy or Milwaukee on the Lender? I need to see if my Nikonos is water tight after its recent work anyway so what the heck.  I'll be out of area the last two weeks of march, but any other time is fair game.  See you later.

Jim
02-20-2005, 08:19 PM,
I'd like to thank the guys at the GLSRF for running a great show.  I really enjoyed meeting dive shop owners, charter operators, and wiscuba members.  We have some great ideas for next year's show! 

Now I am preparing for the Dive Into The Past show in St. Paul next weekend.  I hope some of you can join us. 
--Jason
02-21-2005, 09:56 AM,
Nice meeting you guys.  My first Ghost Ships event and it was great.  I was impressed by the number of vendors and how high quality the presentations were.  I was expecting some slide shows, but several of these were professional level video stuff.  Very cool.
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM,
It was definitly a pleasure to meet the guys behind the board.  Ghost Ships is always an excellent show with the continued growth and support of local diving and businesses.  The three person group puts more time in then I think any of us could imagine - my hats off to them. They set the date for late March of '06 for next years show.
Until then we will wait and place our bets on  who will be hurting the most Saturday morning after the night in Scooters Sport bar....  I won't mention any names as to who holds this honor for the past weekend - he knows who he is....
Safe Diving
Greg
02-21-2005, 06:27 PM,
hee hee,
someone was looking a bit waxy and pale on Sat AM.  ;D
just remember, Never, and I mean NEVER,
mix green apple wood chuck and sam adams double bock all evening.
:-X
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM,
I wish I would have known you guys were at the sports bar.  I would have stopped by instead of heading up to the room like a weenie.  I did manage to get an all-you-can eat walleye plate at a sports bar down the street.  Dang I miss those friday night fish frys in WI. 
--Jason
02-21-2005, 08:27 PM,

I don't know what you are talking about.  I wasn't with you at Denny's, I think I died and went to hell fore a while Saturday morning.  Nothing a 20oz filet at Butch's won't take care of. 
Perhaps it was the oatmeal and the nap and the kind words from you jerks that made it better Wink
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM,
It was my first Ghost Ships as well and I'll definitely be back.  Great talks, a great exhibition hall (far better than OWU), and great people. 

My compliments and thanks to the speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and especially the organizers for putting on such a great show.

Ethan