Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where to Dive This Weekend
02-14-2005, 08:50 PM,
Where to Dive This Weekend
Greetings all,

I had intended on taking the Len-Der charter in Milwaukee this Sunday, but now I found out that they are already full.  I've got the whole weekend off and am looking to dive somewhere.  Anybody know of any dive outings going on anywhere in Wisconsin?  If so, please let me know the particulars.  I'm open to charters or inland diving.  Thanks

Andy
02-15-2005, 05:51 AM,
Re: Where to Dive This Weekend
I don't know of any dives, but the Ghostships festival is Saturday at the four points Sheraton near the airport.  Thats always worth while.

Jim
02-15-2005, 03:18 PM,
02-15-2005, 05:50 PM,
Jim, just a few questions about the Madison dive.  Do you have to be a member of the club to dive?  Secondly, could you give some basic directions for getting there?  I'll be coming down I-94 from Black River Falls.  Thanks, maybe I'll see you in Madison on Saturday.
02-15-2005, 08:19 PM,
Andy,

Check out the Four Lakes Scuba Club website for directions.  I am thinking of going too.

The Four Lakes Scuba Club is good about  having non-members join them on a dive.  I went 2 years ago and it was fun.

Doug
02-16-2005, 07:25 AM,
I've got to what dive buddy Ed wants to do, but I think he can be talked into going to Madison on Saturday.  Doug, I'll let you know for sure if we are going later in the week.

Now unless a boat charter of some type was to open up miraculously, it pretty much looks like Madison.
02-16-2005, 07:38 AM,
The LenDer is the only game in town in the winter.  If you weren't so far away, you could show up and see if anyone cancelled.
02-16-2005, 03:12 PM,
I'll be in Milwaukee this year for Ghost Ships Festival, so I won't be able to make the Four Lakes Ice dive.  As far as I know it is open to all comers, and they will treat you very well.  I put together a write-up of the 2003 dive here:

I never did the trip report for the 2004 one, but it was ever nicer - heated tents, chairs, a dry wood floor to suit up on, all the hot water you needed, brats, hot apple cider, and chili! 

Ethan
02-17-2005, 08:58 AM,
All are most certainly welcome to the ice dive.................