Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Gnome Garden in England
02-14-2005, 10:16 AM,
Underwater Gnome Garden in England

An interesting little news blurg.  Apparently US divers aren't the only ones that put in some little gnomes and picket fences in our favorite diving holes.

This one has a bit o a twist though...apparently it's deep enough that a few people died looking for it...they took it out...and now someone put it back deeper than the police are allowed to go, so they can't remove it!
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM,
Re: Underwater Gnome Garden in England
Wow, interesting article.  Cool find.
--Jason
02-15-2005, 07:43 AM,
far more entertaining though, is the headline from The Sun

02-15-2005, 08:58 AM,
Very nice!

Perhaps Darwinism at it finest?

Risk vs. Reward....I really want to see some stupid little statues on the bottom. :Smile
02-15-2005, 10:15 AM,
That Sun headline is priceless.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, really...the gazing ball @ Wazee is just as deep.  But I guess if someone newly certified is trying to get to it, that is a whole 'nother story.
02-15-2005, 11:47 AM,

I don't think it is a big deal either.  However, I find it somewhat amusing that people are willing to dive beyond their limits to see something as rediculous as a gnome garden.  If it were Smurfs, THAT is a different story.
02-15-2005, 03:12 PM,
Nice one Smile

I agree w/ ya though.  Heading down Darwin's path to see some gnomes isn't the brightest....but smurfs...heck yeah Smile
02-15-2005, 05:09 PM,
Someone should have prepared me for that headline.  I completely lost it.  8)  That british press is just brutal. 
--Jason
02-15-2005, 08:10 PM,
The Sun is a highly respected newspaper in the UK and is on the level of the New York Times.  You can tell from the write-up that this is just the begining of trouble.  It is obvious that the Secret Society of the Gnomes is luring divers to there deaths using deception and a healthy dose of narcosis.

Live in fear you divers that do not hold to the PADI recreation limit.  The Secret Society of the Gnomes is out to get you.  If you are deep and a gnome starts to talk to you, get out of there.

What is this world coming to.

Doug

02-16-2005, 07:29 AM,
after reviewing some of my pics taken at wazee it seems the little psychopaths are everywhere, stalking innocent divers at every turn!
The park should be closed to divers (and probably campers and picnicers) as soon as possible!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   gnomesofwazee.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.41 KB / Downloads: 0)