Remember me
Lost Password Register

crosby mines, MIN
05-11-2003, 10:51 AM,
crosby mines, MIN
anyone been diving here? where exactly is it located?
05-11-2003, 03:59 PM,
Re:crosby mines, MIN
Here's a little info on the cuyuna iron range near Crosby. Crosby is located about 14 miles east of Brainard minnesota. Some of the mines are very deep, some over 500' I think. There are many lakes/mines close to each other, it's backwoods, undeveloped, great for camping, only a few miles to Ironton/Crosby. Generally very clear diving unless it's been or is raining then the runoff can cloud all depths or sometimes just certain depths. Lot's of neat things sunk, skeletons, autos, signs, boats, etc., etc. Some of the clearest water around.
Here's a map:
Here's some info:
I see the DNR puts the Mahnomen pit at 525' and sechi disk at 29' :
DNR site on several of the pits :
Fred
05-11-2003, 09:58 PM,
raveon1, take about 20 lake wazee's and put them all in the same area. Throw in offroad trails, campsites, and a dive shop within 15 miles. Oh, did I mention no fees for parking, camping, or diving.
--Jason
05-12-2003, 10:19 AM,
I hadn't heard of this either......sounds VERY cool!
05-12-2003, 12:06 PM,
Hey , and don't forget...NO BATHROOMS!!!
Nearest one is Ironton...
But other than that , Crosby is excellent. Make sure you try the Louise pit. It's nice and compact....There is a bunch of junk sunk down off of the main access point (snowmobile , playground set , boat) and of course , a skeleton at the 95' mark. The diveshop is in Brainerd (Minnesota School of Diving). They have depth maps and access for all of the mine pits up there.

Jean Smile