Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry gloves
02-08-2005, 07:49 PM,
Dry gloves
I am really considering getting some dry gloves ?
but am just not sure which ones to get.

I have a DUI tls350 and know I want dry gloves that can come off  when I want to wear my wet gloves.

Any one hear anything good yet on the zip seals ?

or which other ?

tia
gail
02-08-2005, 08:07 PM,
Re: Dry gloves
I (along with 4 or 5 buddies) use the Si-tech ring system with $5 chemical gloves. The rings can be used with wrist seals or without. In summer I will sometimes wear wet gloves leaving the "suit rings" installed. Works fine. There are several different manufacturers that sell dry glove ring systems. I think the Si-techs are on the DUI site.
02-08-2005, 08:12 PM,
I use the Si-tech dry gloves.  They work great and allow you to wear wet gloves if you want.  Most of the guys I dive with use them also.

One complaint, I have large hands and I can just barely get my hands through the ring.  Try the ring first if you have large hands.

Doug

02-08-2005, 10:27 PM,
I wear the Diving Concepts blue dry gloves and ring system.  No problems.  I think a ring system is the way to go.  I wear dry gloves all year around now. 
--Jason
02-09-2005, 08:52 AM,
I use the Si-Tech ring system, and have been really happy with them.

The only thing with the Zip Seals is that they are EXTREMELY expensive.  I got a set of dry gloves for my girlfriend and it only cost roughly $70...they make a set of rings that clamp into your existing wrist seals.  They install in a few easy minutes, and if you want, you can take them off later.  I know DivePoint here in Stevens Point has them, but you could always check w/ your LDS too.  They are really snazzy.

The ones that Doug and I have are permanently installed on our suits - the rings are glued into our suit sleeves...but some people like the removeable ones like my girlfriend has - they are definitely cheaper and easier to install.
02-09-2005, 01:03 PM,

The blue gloves are available for $5-$13 depending on whether you want the lining or not.
02-09-2005, 06:21 PM,
I got you beat on patches, at least 5 on each hand.  Those rubber gloves just keep on coming.

Doug