Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Kayaks
06-03-2003, 03:42 AM,
Re:Dive Kayaks
After I got home from playing in the waves, I was one tired and sore puppy!!!! Paddling in the waves was much more of a workout than I anticipated. It is a great way to spend a morning when you get blown off of a Lake Michigan Charter.

That day, we had 2 different boats, my boat was the Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro, which was just over 14 1/2 feet long and Jon's boat was the Scrambler, which was just over 11 feet long. The Scupper Pro is better suited for calmer water and faster paddling. Jon's boat was more nimble and easier to turn quickly in the waves(Not that that helped me much as you can see Wink).

We have both boats at the store for rental if anyone would like to try them out. We can also order any products from the Ocean Kayak line if anyone is interested.

06-03-2003, 07:09 AM,
I know what you mean about getting tired out...

A couple of weekends ago I got into a kayak for the first time. The person that was planning the trip miscalculated the distance just a wee bit and we ended up going about 18 miles or so...the first two hours were rough, pushing ourselves through a creek that wasn't much more than a foot deep at it's deepest!

It was fun...but wow, talk about burning shoulders after it was all done.
06-18-2003, 03:34 PM,
hi all,

i havent posted in awhile. anyways i was out in brookfield the other day at gander mountain and they have ocean kayaks, a frenzy on sale for $299. what do ya guys think about this kayak for a first timer? how about the price, is it a good deal? i would be useing it for a little diving and just playing around. i would love to go out on lake michigan sometime. i have no idea how long they will be on sale for. so what do ya think?
06-19-2003, 06:00 AM,
Great boat for playing in the surf and paddeling around in. It might even work out for snorkeling. It is a bit too small to try and actually scuba dive off of.

Jon