Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice Diving
01-24-2005, 07:35 PM,
Ice Diving
Hey Jon,
 Thanks for the info.
I would love to be there as I've seen your Ice video's and the folks at Pirate's Cove are Top Notch but I have a good problem/reason for not being there!
I'll be in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico: Cenote's Diving!
Lets see Ice Diving----Cenote's Diving?
Both exhilarating, but one is [glow=red,2,300]Way C00oooL Inner Space,[/glow]
and one is Way CccoLD!
 One ?
Although I've got two good cold water regs which have not given me problems in 41 deg water. Is it over kill to Ice dive with a redundant system?
Is one really needed?
I'm hopping to Ice dive some time this year or next but first I want to get Info!
Training / Experiance, Yes!
Certs, I don't really care!
 Opinions Accepted and appreciated!
      Thanks,
        Rik O+<
01-24-2005, 07:39 PM,
Re: Ice Diving
Ice diving w/ a redundant system is a GREAT idea.  I don't like to use doubles ice diving, because it's waaaay too difficult to get in and out of the ice hole.

But H-Valves I like a lot for ice diving....
01-24-2005, 09:40 PM,
I agree.  H-valve works great ice diving.

It is a good way to go.  ALso, handy when you are in the Wolf River in December.

Doug
01-26-2005, 08:46 PM,
Question? when you guys ice dive and want to get out  do you just back up to the hole and have two buddies pull you out ? or do you try to boost yourselves out with out any help?
I was trained to back up to the ice and let my buddies pull me out.

gail
01-27-2005, 01:17 AM,
We back up to a corner of the hole and let a buddy help us up to a sitting position on the ice.  This tends to be the easiest and gives the guys on the surface something to do to warm up.

Doug
01-27-2005, 06:10 AM,
About Ice Diving in Russia . Foto and Video ( - Ice-diving on the White Sea)
01-27-2005, 07:29 AM,
That's why I won't wear doubles ice diving...I won't subject the poor people on the surface to lifting me AND my doubles out of the water  ;D
01-27-2005, 08:03 AM,

I like the redundancy of doubles, and I find my double 80s quite comfy.  The double 130s are a bit much.  You usually ice dive with Doug.  He had no problem plucking me out of the water with my 80s on.  Just like a big crane...
01-27-2005, 08:37 AM,
This is true - a smaller set of doubles would make things easier Smile

Buuut....I can't justify buying another set of smaller doubles just to use ice diving Smile
01-27-2005, 05:20 PM,

Justify to who? ;D