Remember me
Lost Password Register

A kitchen full of...
03-14-2005, 09:55 PM,
A kitchen full of...
tanks.
We did a little gas mixing in my kitchen last Friday.  Any beers you see in the pictures were there from the night before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   343.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.9 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   346.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.23 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-15-2005, 02:19 AM,
Re: A kitchen full of...
Where do you take your tanks of O2 for the air top offs?
  (or do you have a compressor in the bathroom... grin)
03-15-2005, 08:18 AM,
Your kitchen will never be the same...good thing you have an understanding wife (at least she appeared that way while we were there) ;D.

I topped my tanks off at work
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM,
Who is the GOOBER scratching his piles in the top picture??? ;D
03-15-2005, 09:23 PM,
That's what I get for standing next to your goldcore.......

Actually....eight ball in the corner pocket......if my face would have been caught in the picture you may have seen an evil grin. >Big Grin
Any other diver worth his weight in C-cards would be popping one off too just by looking at all those He and O2 cylinders ;D

I gots to get me a kitchen like that, mixin recipes n gas at the same time.
03-16-2005, 05:19 PM,
makes me wonder if the O2 explosion would be covered under your home owners policy >Big Grin
careful!!!!
03-16-2005, 06:21 PM,
No explosions. We were "Doing It Right" with an official gas blender instructor and all "clean" equipment. Now if only Chris' wife can get the marks off of the floor from all the gas bottles......
03-17-2005, 06:29 PM,
Mixing in the yard...
As long as we're sharing mixing setups, here's a couple photos of us mixing outdoors in Missouri.  We always try to set it up in a comfortable spot, since we end up sitting there all night filling tanks.

Blues are Helium, greens are Oxygen, and you're allowed four of each in a vehicle before you need a hazmat placard.  The haskel's sitting on the table - we'd pump air into the empty cylinders and use them for drive gas.

Ethan

.jpg_thumb   IM001003.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.31 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   IM001012.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.18 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-17-2005, 06:33 PM,
Mixing in the parking lot
Here's one more, filling in a hotel parking lot in Missouri.  For mixes less than 50%, we can fill through the compressor using the nitrox stick (continuous blending).

As long as you go to a hotel that's situated right on the highway, the compressor noise just blends in with the ambient noise and nobody complains (too much).

We've done it in the winter a couple times when it was well below zero.  It'd take a half hour to get the compressor started, and the over-pressure relief valve would freeze open if it ever went off, so we'd have to pour hot water on it to get it closed again.  The reward for freezing my fingers was "Florida fills" - We'd fill the tanks to 3300, go to bed, get up in the morning, top them off to 3300 again, then they'd dump up to 3800 when we got in the 55 degree water. 

.jpg_thumb   IM001063.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.17 KB / Downloads: 0)