Remember me
Lost Password Register

Vintage Diving
01-21-2005, 11:25 AM,
Vintage Diving
We have a dive club that collects and dives with vintage dive equipment. The club is the Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club. We are always looking for new members, we dive in MN, and WI. No dues or fees, but you do need to have a vintage double hosr regulator. Frans
01-21-2005, 01:11 PM,
Re:Vintage Diving
Where do you dive?
01-21-2005, 03:04 PM,
We dive in all the popular dive spots in MN and WI. Last year we had a big vintage dive meet at Lake Wazee on the weekend of Aug 28. Had over 20 vintage divers from around the country. We even dived with a vintage Miller-Dunn helmet.
01-21-2005, 08:44 PM,
Frans,

Looks like you need to update your gear with one of these. Wink

I've dove with my double hose a few times in the past couple of years, but always on an H-valve with an Apeks back-up in case something went wrong. They were good regs back in the day, but after 30-40 years I wasn't quite sure if they would still hold up. It worked fine and I had no problems with it, but it never hurts to have a back-up.

I may have to join you sometime this summer as an excuse to actually put a tank on again. 8)

Jon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Untitled.jpg_thumb (Size: 23.73 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-22-2005, 10:29 AM,
I'm not intersted in shiny new stuff, only the old vintage regulators. You are welcome to do a vintage dive anytime with us. As soon as the lakes open up, some time in April, we do our first in Perch Lake. Give me a call then.
01-23-2005, 02:19 PM,
Re: Vintage Diving
:-* WinkGlad to see some vintage on here, finally had to sign up. Can't wait to see the looks and who knows what else when some of this vintage, but totally checked out for safety and working good as ever equipment show up out on Lake Michigan. Think we will be allowed to dive it or not. 8) :-[
01-29-2005, 10:25 AM,
The Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club will be having an exhibit at the GLSPS Dive Into the Past show, stop by and see our vintage equipment.
03-10-2005, 11:12 AM,
Our club had a nice display at the GLSPS show. If you have any questions about vintage diving, give me a call.