Remember me
Lost Password Register

oxygen analyzer
01-01-2005, 12:41 PM,
oxygen analyzer
so i have finally signed up for a TDI nitrox class and was wondering what kind of oxygen analyzers you guys/gals use.

oms?
oxy cheq?

pros and cons?

thanks!
01-01-2005, 12:57 PM,
Re:oxygen analyzer
I have an Abyss Oxyspy that I like a lot. I bought it when they were selling out last year for around $170.

FWIW, you don't really need an analyizer for recreational level stuff, but they are nice to have.
01-01-2005, 08:30 PM,

I agree. Use the analyzer provided by the shop you get your fills at. There are a lot better things to spend the $$$ ON.
That said, I have used the Oxyspy, an OxyCheq, and whatever Deep Blue has. I haven't really found a difference in function. If you have to have to have one (and I know how that is, LOL) one of the things that may help you decide is to find out how much the replacement oxygen sensors cost. You may get more "informed" answers or opinions on TDS>

Matt
01-02-2005, 11:26 AM,
You'll get the oppertunity to see 3 or 4 different ones in the course, so unless something is pressing I would hold out until after the class.
I personaly use a ceramtec - which is very expensive but has been bullet proof for several years now and it gets a lot of use. But that being said if I was going to buy a new one tomorrow I would buy an Oxycheq - affordable, relieble, fast read out, and it is quality.
Pro's of owning any unit - you have it to double check your gas before you dive. This is especially nice if you own several tanks that are sitting around your garage waiting to get used.
Con of not owning - inability to do the above.
01-02-2005, 03:47 PM,
The one that Chris has is really, really nice. It is sooo easy to use. I want one Smile