Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee
05-13-2003, 07:33 PM,
Re:Lake Wazee
It's really nice to see the park actually putting some money back into the park for scuba divers....I spent quite a bit of cash diving there last year and there certainly wasn't a lot of amenities.

When I was at the lake a few weeks ago I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bathroom going in!
05-13-2003, 07:44 PM,
Doh! You beat me to it! Sad
They really are making some big improvements, including actual parking spots (including handicapped) a handicapped accessible boat ramp, and paving all the way down to the water, so you don't have to get sand in ALL your stuff Smile

05-13-2003, 08:24 PM,
The worst part about that area was walking around on those RAZOR sharp rocks with bare feet...those things were brutal!
05-15-2003, 08:59 AM,

It is expensive to dive there.
I know that I paid $85 for a season dive pass and then had to pay again to buy the parking pass. I was pretty excited to find out that if I am freediving, just "snorkeling" to the park service, I don't have to buy a dive permit- just the parking fee. ;D

Jon
05-15-2003, 09:04 AM,
That's very nice Smile

Yeah, I shelled out the money for the annual pass this year. I didn't last year, and I think I went something like 15 times...so I pretty much could have purchased two season passes for that price.

Ah well...I better make it there at least 8 or 9 times this year now Smile
05-15-2003, 07:47 PM,

I will probably be at Lake Wazee also this weekend. Rounding up diving partners now.

Looks like a good weekend coming up.

Doug
05-15-2003, 10:15 PM,
I wish I could!

However, I have to do the "good son" action this weekend head over to my parent's place in Appleton. Have fun diving - I'll be up for it next weekend!
05-19-2003, 09:22 PM,
Did Lake Wazee over the weekend. Visibility at the ball was great on Sunday, especially later in the day. Great diving.

Here is a picture of one of the statures at the ball. 8)

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   Gargoyle_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-19-2003, 09:35 PM,
If you have been there, you will know what this is.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   The_Ball_-_1_-_Enhanced_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
05-19-2003, 09:52 PM,
He is a reflection in the globe. Also, a little like you tend to feel at this depth.

Doug

.jpg_thumb   Reflection_-_1_-_e-mail.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.47 KB / Downloads: 0)