Remember me
Lost Password Register

Nitrox Advantages? Input Needed!
03-09-2005, 09:13 AM,
Re: Nitrox Advantages? Input Needed!

Sure, half full of idiots Wink

I usually try to be pretty positive. However, give a person a means to hurt themselves, and an opportunity to file a rediculous lawsuit, and companies are definitely going to get squeemish.  It would seem that a recreational live-aboard would be better off not giving  divers any additional ways to hurt themselves.  not having to monitor O2 exposure because they needed to see that fish or that coral that put them at a 1.6 PO2 for a portion of the dive on 36%.

Maybe, I should have been nicer and said "People do dumb things"
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM,

Sure, half full of idiots Wink

Maybe, I should have been nicer and said "People do dumb things"

[/quote]

Chris, you were right the first time.  I just finished grading a trimix exam, some people are dumb  >Big Grin  Just Kidding

Wethead51 is JJ working on the same boat your on?
Greg
03-11-2005, 07:32 AM,
Chris, you are right on the money there, rediculous lawsuits seem to abound Smile
And  Greg, I didnt stay with Nekton long, 15 hour days for $100 a week just didnt compute. I met JJ twice I think, I believe he was working ashore but was put back on the Pilot to help retrain or something when they couldnt find enough divers willing to work. But I think he was only onboard as a desperate measure to staff the ship. BTW, I used to know a diver named Greg in Wisc. Do you know a Mark from Phelps?