Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pictures from Florida Cave Diving
02-15-2005, 05:17 PM,
Re: Pictures from Florida Cave Diving
Hey Ethan

Great Pics. How'd you get more than two pics on a posting? And how the heck did you get them that size???

Chad
02-27-2005, 12:41 PM,

While the "posting wizard" ("Start New Topic" or "Post Reply") only allows you to attach two photos, there is no limitation on how many photos can be included in a message, as long as you have another place to keep the photos.  In this case, I uploaded the photos to another website (cavediver.net's Photo Gallery), but I've also kept them on other webservers.  The key is that the photos need to remain there "forever" - if you ever take them down, then the photos will disappear from the message.

I'll include an example of how I included the photo from another site.  You can either type in the "BBC" (Bulletin Board Code?) directly or use the "Add BBC tags" toolbar at the top to insert the tags for you.  The code below displays "Ginnie Springs:" in bold and then has the image.
The image will automatically be displayed at whatever size the file is.  I strongly suggest against using anything over 640x480 or 800x600 because it will make the posting (and the rest of the thread) very "wide" and difficult to read.

I don't know if this forum software supports a photo gallery or photo hosting, but that would be the ideal solution for posting photos.  Many sites frown on externally linking photos - it is possible that the cavediver.net administrators would be upset that I am hosting photos there and linking them here, as it uses their bandwidth while providing them no benefit.  In cases where I'm hosting the photos on a "big" site like cavediver.net and using them on a "small" site like wiscuba.com, it really isn't a problem.  I doubt that the cavediver.net administrators would care that wiscuba.com is contributing a small number of hits, especially because there photos are discussed in a forum there as well.  But going the other way is sure to get people upset.

Ethan

02-27-2005, 08:48 PM,
Got ya.
Thanks for the info.  By the way I forgot to mention to you "nice pics!"

Chad