Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee
12-02-2004, 08:19 PM,
Wazee
How's the viz. Also has anyone dove the Prnz Willy lately? Does the viz get better later in the year or at the begining of next year?

Thank You!
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM,
Re:Wazee
Doug and I are diving Wazee this Saturday. Will let you know how it is.
12-04-2004, 04:08 PM,
Re:Wazee
Did two dives at Wazee earlier today and had a pretty good time.

The water is getting cold - surface temps were 43, and the usual 40 @ around 145.

Viz is so-so right now. It starts out good, around 25 feet and it just progressively gets worse. It's not layered at all right now, it's just a slowly increasing haze as you descend. We were going to visit the ball, but ended up calling that plan and just diving the shallower depths as even with our two HID lights we couldn't cut the murk at 140 and didn't want to get turned around and end up having to do a free ascent.

Other than that though, the diving was good. Had a bass follow us along the wall for quite awhile, and saw a lot of perch, which was unusual. Got to hover over a walleye for awhile too that was hiding in the weeds.

The paving of the roads is done too - looks very nice. Be sure to shoot an email to the county to let them know we like what they are doing!

Overall, it was a GREAT day of diving. I needed to get into the water so bad, this was like giving water to someone dying in the desert. A month without diving is not something I want to experience again anytime soon.