Remember me
Lost Password Register

Redgranite Quarry Improvements
11-24-2004, 12:29 PM,
Redgranite Quarry Improvements
My name is James Fruechtl and I'm a University of Wisconsin Landscape Architecture Student working on several design opprotunities for the Village of Redgranite. One of the areas being looked at is the Village Quarry. If any divers, dive clubs, or dive shops have any recommendations for improvement or concerns with the Quarry at Redgranite I would appreciate their input. There is going to be a Visioning Workshop at the Redgranite Municipal Building Nov. 30th from 7:15pm till 9:00pm. Any and all divers that have ideas about site are welcome to attend. If anyone has any questions or thoughts feel free to email me at jlfruechtl@hotmail.com. Thank you and I hope to see you there.
11-24-2004, 06:05 PM,
Re:Redgranite Quarry Improvements
Red Granite is used by hundreds of divers every years and at least 4 dive shops use it as a training site.

Here is a chance to express some of the needs that would make this a better site. Probably the first is access to the water. Some parking might be good too.

Let Jim know your thoughts.

Doug
11-24-2004, 09:54 PM,
Parking is okay, but more wouldn't hurt. Some handy treated lumber walkways/stairs down to the water would be amazing at that place. I dunno how many times I've either almost killed myself or thrown my back out trying to get in/out of the water at that site!!
11-25-2004, 09:24 AM,
How about training platforms at OW and AOW depths?
11-25-2004, 09:33 AM,
And some readily-available contour maps of the quarry.