Remember me
Lost Password Register

Redgranite Quarry Improvements
11-24-2004, 12:29 PM,
Redgranite Quarry Improvements
My name is James Fruechtl and I'm a University of Wisconsin Landscape Architecture Student working on several design opprotunities for the Village of Redgranite. One of the areas being looked at is the Village Quarry. If any divers, dive clubs, or dive shops have any recommendations for improvement or concerns with the Quarry at Redgranite I would appreciate their input. There is going to be a Visioning Workshop at the Redgranite Municipal Building Nov. 30th from 7:15pm till 9:00pm. Any and all divers that have ideas about site are welcome to attend. If anyone has any questions or thoughts feel free to email me at jlfruechtl@hotmail.com. Thank you and I hope to see you there.
11-24-2004, 04:52 PM,
Re:Redgranite Quarry Improvements
Keep it FREE for diving, stop taking down the trees, and don't build any condos.

Some sort of area with pictures of the quarry when it was still in operation would be very cool. That way we will all know where to look for the crane in 230ft of water :Smile
11-26-2004, 07:27 AM,
I haven't been to Redgranite in a couple of years now so maybe things have changed a bit. It seems to me that the quarry had been left in the capable hands of mother nature. She is the ultimate landscape design architect. It would assuredly be less expensive to leave her at her work. If you start taking down trees and paving everything the quarry will be exposed to runoff and there will be a fee to dive it. If the viz goes, so do the divers. A lose lose situation all the way around. Just my two cents.

Jim
11-26-2004, 07:58 AM,
I dunno if the viz can get much worse there Smile

It's nice for a few weeks in spring and fall, but man....when i think of "great viz", redgranite is one of the last places that comes to mind ;D