Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ragg Wool Gloves!
11-09-2004, 11:04 AM,
Ragg Wool Gloves!
Wooo!

I've been looking for some cheap wool gloves to use as a drysuit glove liner. When I started diving dry I picked up two pair of ragg wool gloves as liners, and I've never seen them since. Well...I'm down to my last pair and NEED some more, so I spent some time with Google and dug up some gloves that weren't $15 for a $2 pair of gloves.

Here's what I found:

If you search Froogle () for "ragg glove" with a price range of $6 and lower you should find quite a few.

An okay price - a few dollars more than I wanted, but doable.

And I decided to search McMaster-Carr, because they have everything on earth. Turns out part number 56195T2 @ is the glove I wanted. Finally!!
11-09-2004, 03:29 PM,
Re:Ragg Wool Gloves!
Bookmarked for future. I am still diving with wet gloves. Will change over to zip seals when I tear a wrist seal on the drysuit. (can't wait till then) but don't wanna tear it on purpose LOL

gai
11-09-2004, 09:37 PM,
I used the ragg wool gloves in the past but they seemed to really become loose and ratty in short time. I tried glove liners from a surplus store and they seem to hold up better and still keep my hands warm even when wet. Not to mention that they are sized unlike some of the ragg wool gloves. They are a 70/30 wool/nylon blend.

11-10-2004, 06:54 AM,
Cool - thanks for the links.

The gloves I've got have got two years worth of heavy diving on 'em and are still holding up good. Could be I'm lucky Smile
11-10-2004, 10:20 AM,
Are you using a dry glove ring system? If so which one? I have the Diving Concepts Blue gloves with the built in fuzzy yellow liners and I also have their Crushed Neoprene drygloves with removeable fleece liners. The blue gloves with built in liners are much warmer. As a side note the DC crushed neoprene gloves SUCK! I sent them back to Diving Concepts twice and I had to patch them after every dive. I finally gave up on them and went to the Blue Smurf gloves and am much happier. Also, the Blue Smurf gloves are available from Atlas with removeable liners now. It's the Atlas 495 glove and can be mounted to most any ring system. Here is a link to the gloves.

11-10-2004, 10:45 AM,
I've got the Si-Tech Ring System on my suit. I'm using a black rubber chemical glove - I forget who makes it, but my LDS found a new source for 'em. I tried the Blue Atlas glove, but even the ones w/out the thick padded lining have a cloth lining in them that took FOREVER to dry out if I every got them wet. That, and the dexterity of the rubber gloves is much better - they don't get stiff in the cold.

11-10-2004, 11:57 AM,
Pink_fins - forgot to mention. You can also install a set of Si-Tech rings/gloves onto your suit really cheaply.

It's comprised of two rings - one ring goes inside of your wrist seal, and the other ring goes on the outside. You push the two together, and then the rings are attached to your wrist seal. The glove then docks into the rings. Not sure if your LDS has them or not, but Divepoint Scuba () has them. They take about 10 minutes to install (if that...)...no tools required. Much cheaper than doing a full on replacement.
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM,
Interesting. I've never had a problem with mine getting wet. I found that I always had condensation using separate liners but with the fuzzy yellow liners they've been bone dry at the end of every dive.
11-10-2004, 02:15 PM,
Omicron- have been looking into all the systems you and others are talking about. But just never get to getting them.
In the summer I forget about them and each fall I think why didn't I get them.

Since I am getting a smaller 24 lb wing for my zeagle for Christmas I am not sure Santa will spend anymore money this year.

Oh, I know Valentines day could get me the dry gloves.
Hubby doesn't want me to have freezing hands. LOL

gail
11-10-2004, 07:33 PM,
Drygloves were actually one of the things I got my girlfriend for a present. I couldn't stand to see her suffer Smile