Remember me
Lost Password Register

Peanut Pit, MI
11-08-2004, 11:50 AM,
Peanut Pit, MI
We also went to a small lake that Bob found years ago, it was an old pit mine and bob thought there were shafts in it. It was a small adventure to get back to it, since we had to drive dirt paths. We think its called the Peanut Pit. Eitherway it looked alot like Red Granite Quary. Viz was in the 20s untill we went down into a huge opening. We did not go past 50 feet since the silt was only getting worse and did not look like it was going to open up at all. This is one of those dives we are calling done. Our second dive was in Fortune Pond.
11-08-2004, 11:55 AM,
Re:Peanut Pit, MI
it looks like any other lake in WI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   64.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.6 KB / Downloads: 0)
11-08-2004, 08:32 PM,
I know the peanut pit. but for the life of me can't remember where it is.
So where is it ??

Hope to do Fortune pond once more this season.

gail
11-09-2004, 10:41 AM,
It was near fortune Pond. We drove into town then Bob remembered turning on some dirt road. We followed that till we found another road he rememberd. The second road looked alot more like a trail for other activities not driving. To put it simply it was in the middle of the woods in bum F*** nowhere. We were off the roads on any map. We we not even sure if the dirt path was going to the right lake Smile . I am still looking for a map of the area so I can figureout what lake it was. Once I figure it out I will post it.
11-09-2004, 03:31 PM,
Please do post it.
thanks
gail