Remember me
Lost Password Register

putting picture in profile
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM,
putting picture in profile
Is there some website I can put a pic and then pull it over to use in my profile?
tia
gail ???
10-18-2004, 04:45 PM,
Re:putting picture in profile
u probaly have web space with ur internet provider
go to their help file to see how to open a page ect
10-18-2004, 08:06 PM,
Great idea now is 500x375 (43kb) an okay size or what is better.
tia
gail
10-19-2004, 06:10 AM,
right click on any pic and use properties

ex, Paul's is 65 by 65 pixels.
if u want it animated, gif is the best format for this.

p.s. i also suggested ur own web page because u may wish to do this on other forums as well. perhaps different pic as well. heck u can store a lot of things there.

[glow=green,2,300]Jim[/glow]
10-19-2004, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2004, 07:43 AM by freediverND.)
hi pink-fins,
everyone makes it sound so simple... for your avatar.. under your profile you have to check the box "I have my own pic" and then give a web address to that picture... a 65X65 pixels is what will work for size of the avatar as was stated. You may have web space from your service provider but a lot of providers do not allow "live" links... and sometimes you'll pay a little extra for that service. WIdiver has a good way around this in his post.. never thought of that! If you have the capability to use live links to photos then you can insert those in the message body of posts too instead of using the insert image capability of the forum. No reason to upload pics for viewing on the monitor using anything other than 72dpi either, a 320X320 pic at 72dpi makes for a quick upload, much faster than a 320X320 at 350dpi etc. It irks me when others upload huge graphics :Smile ok. ok.... 640x480@72dpi is a good limit..
Fred
10-19-2004, 11:43 AM,
I wish they'd make this site the same as mnscuba in regards to posting pics. On the mnscuba site I link to my picture on DecoStop which I uploaded to that site. That pic is 100x100 but it works on mnscuba.com. Since this site only allows 65x65 I can't use that link as I get an error saying it has to be 65x65. >Sad Maybe Jason can fix that as mnscuba.com and wiscuba.com are the same board software.
10-19-2004, 02:31 PM,
Jason Baker & his colleague, Chris (I don't know his last name...) provide this for us out of the kindness of their hearts Smile They operate a hosting company and are divers, so they put both of their interests together and did this for us and the Minnesota divers.
10-19-2004, 03:01 PM,
Chris started mnscuba.com from scratch on his own first and shortly after Jason came in and offered to provide the hosting through his company Digital North which he owns. After mnscuba.com was up and running successfully wiscuba.com was started up and it too is hosted by Digital North. Wink
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM,
Ahhh...I thought Chris & Jason worked together. My bad!
10-19-2004, 04:22 PM,
I increased the size of allowable avatars to 100x100 to match mnscuba.com. I never realized there was a difference. :o

The website is hosted on a shared linux server running at one of our datacenters in the Twin Cities. The services are donated by Digital North.

We started up wiscuba.com a year after the successful launch of mnscuba.com. I was born and raised in Green Bay and dive quite a bit in WI so it made sense.
--Jason