Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cave Divers
10-17-2004, 03:15 PM,
Cave Divers
Any cave divers out there. Since moving back here from California my Dive partners have hung up there Fins. So looking for some new parnters to Wreck and Cave Dive with. I always go to Mexico over the Thanksgiving weekend. And interested in doing some extended weekends in Florida

K
10-17-2004, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2004, 05:23 PM by Cavern Junkie.)
Re:Cave Divers
I'm a certified Cavern diver, but I intend to take Intro to Cave sometime soon. I am stationed in Florida, so if you're in the area let me know and we might be able to meet up sometime. I have been to many of the Florida cave sites so I might be able to provide some of my experiences if you would like. Let me know.

Matt
10-18-2004, 12:52 PM,
Intro to cave here...going to be doing more as soon as I can Smile
12-30-2004, 10:54 AM,
I'm heading down to Florida Jan. 12th with a few people for a week and a half of cave diving.

We'll be staying at Ginnie or Blue Springs in a motorhome. My girlfriend is doing her Intro To Cave and one of my other dive partners is going to be doing his intro as well.

So for you guys that have dove a few more caves down there, what are some other good ones to dive? I've only been in a few, the Devils System and Peacock being the main ones. What are some of the other systems we should dive when we are down there?
12-30-2004, 03:12 PM,

If you can make it up to Marianna, the caves in Merritt's Mill Pond are amazing. Jackson Blue, Twin Cave, and Hole in the Wall, are definitely worth seeing. This last trip was my first time there and I can't believe what I was missing.

Down near Mayo, Cow Springs is probably my favorite, but you need to be an NSS-CDS member and Full Cave certified to dive there. It's also pretty tight if you do it backmount - find someone who has been there before to show you the way the first time. Edward's Spring is pretty cool too, though I've only seen the shaft.

Luraville II and Rock Bluff are also two of my favorites, but they're really only accessable by sidemount.

Ethan
12-30-2004, 07:32 PM,
Paradise Springs near Ocala is a nice dive. It's not very big, but I enjoyed it. They allow OW divers to carry lights down to 100 feet because there is a heavy rope installed. I have never been past that point, but the cave goes all the way down to 140 feet.