Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wolf River
10-17-2004, 07:09 AM,
Re:Wolf River

Last year the sturgeon we as lond as I am which is 6+feet with fins. Some serious big fish that do not care if your are there or not.

Did not take the camera down with me. This dive has been too challenging for me to feel comfortable with the extra task load of the camera rig. The trick is handling the hook for dragging yourself around against the current, handling the light and not getting hung up on any of the trees, farm machinary and junk that is down there. Starting to run out of hands. Will probably take a crack at it next time I go.

The best time to go is in November and December before the river ices up.

Doug
10-17-2004, 10:11 AM,

Jason,
I have some video of this that I'd certainly share sometime. I don't know about 8ft, but 6 is no exageration. I still consider that dive one of my all time favorites. At one point in the video there are 14 sturgeon in the frame. That dive was made in the middle of December.

Chris

10-18-2004, 12:51 PM,
The fish are huge! The water is ridiculously cold, the viz is usually pretty bad, and the current is strong and the entanglements are many. By no means is it an easy dive...but it is SOOOO worth it!!