Remember me
Lost Password Register

dive rite 10w light
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM,
dive rite 10w light
my new light is here! ;D

i just got a dive rite slimline 10w HID light. anyone have any words of wisdom for me? mounting, usage, and care for my new toy? length of time for chargeing? thanks...

i havent got a chance to use it, speaking of which... when are you going out agine dean?

carrie
10-07-2004, 10:40 AM,
Re:dive rite 10w light
I have the same light and I love it. I have the 6 degree bulb. Don't plug in the battery until you are ready to dive. If you do plug it in, remove the protective head cover so if the light gets turned on you don't melt the lense. Turn it on before you leave the boat, and turn it off just before your ascent or whenver you are finished with it for the dive. The HID bulbs aren't happy being switched on and off. Follow the charging instructions included with the light.
10-07-2004, 11:04 AM,
I've got a similar light, but I have the Wreck1 Canister. It's a great light!

General tips...

Don't drop the light head Smile
Once you turn it on, leave it on. Same goes for turning it off. At LEAST 5 minutes off or on is a good general rule.

The charger should be relatively smart - you can leave it plugged in forever and it should just trickle charge the battery. DO NOT let your battery get very run down...also, if you don't use your battery for a month, plug it into the charger just to make sure you don't deep-draw the battery by leaving it sitting around (this is a problem w/ lead batteries...not sure about nimh).

DO NOT travel w/ the battery connected. Only connect it when gearing up for the dive.

For mounting it - I put it on my right hand side on my webbing belt of my backplate. A great tip is to use a weight belt buckle to hold the canister in place. Slide the canister on, and then slide the buckle on and clamp it down. Otherwise the canister will slide forward and right in front of your stomach.

Other than that - enjoy!!
10-07-2004, 07:57 PM,
Hey CJ,
Glad to hear you picked one up. Pretty much follow what the genereal concencus says. The charger is a smart charger, and will auto stop..when fully charged...But dont leave it on the charger for infinity. NiMh battery will not retain a memory..it is suggested by the manufacturer that you charge it after every use no matter the use. Dont travel with it plugged in...dont turn it on out of water...even though i think its a crock..as long as you dont have the head cover on..if you turn it on..it needs to stay on for a couple of minutes...no on and offs... you dive back plate...it should be on your belt..right side..held in place by either a belt buckle..or a standard strap buckle. It should be removed after every dive..and your 7 footer should go under it to keep it out of the way..Congrats on the light....

As far as diving goes....not sure...i have a charter to the Milwaukee on Sunday weather permitting....but this is a full boat...maybe a single dive in the afternoon????..email me...
Sorry... no trip to the Northerner..Also..i would still like to hit the Willie for her 50th anniversary..and maybe the milwaukee for her 75th...i dont think i will make it down to the Wisconsin for her 75th.
10-31-2004, 07:13 PM,
I jinxed myself saying good things about my light. I flooded the damn thing on the Milwaukee, and now it is back at Dive Rite being updated and repaired.

Dive Rite was very good when I spoke with them and I should have it back in 7-10 days.
10-31-2004, 08:18 PM,
Yeah, my light s**t the bed on me today too. >Sad
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM,
Ouch...sorry to hear that Chris. Dive Rite service is amazing though - those guys are great.
11-01-2004, 10:10 PM,
Lonnie, 10W HIDs make great stocking stuffers... Wink BTW, I just bought one of those new delrin backup lights. Very nice. Still hope to get it wet.
--Jason