Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater photography Certification
09-27-2004, 12:11 AM,
Underwater photography Certification
Anybody know if any local, i.e, WI or MN shops are offering the Underwater Photography Certification course between now and January when I go to Cozumel. I'd like to get to learn how to better use my new birthday present; a Reefmaster DC 310 Pro Set. And if not, does anybody have any recommendation for a dive outfit in Cozumel that would put on a good cert class?

Thanks Smile

Andy
09-27-2004, 01:08 AM,
Re:Underwater photography Certification
Andy,

It is good to see that you are spending money on underwater photography. It is easier to get rid of money with this hobby. The digital camera system is pretty nice. The DC310 has 3 megapixal picture size which is what I feel that you need for good underwater photography. The asscessaries that come with this set will put you in good shape.

I do not know about a class. This is much more a get out and do sort of thing. There is a good description of the basics in the PADI Advanced Open Water book. But you do have to get out there. Time spent taking pictures at the fish cribs in Lake Wazee with improve your skills as much as any class.

I could take a few dives with you and give you a few pointers and show you where to practice if you like. Just let me know if you would like to set something up.

Doug

09-27-2004, 05:06 AM,
Andy

I would highly recommend you take Doug up on his kind offer. Theres no better teacher then experience. You might try the local library for books on basic photography, but I see no need for a certification course. You just need to dive in and get your hands wet, so to speak. ;D Dive as often as you can. Take as many pictures as you can and get as close as you can. And of course, as we say in scouts, don't forget to have fun.

Jim
09-27-2004, 06:23 AM,
Should you decide that you wish to pursue the course for whatever reason, I would recommend Colin from Underwater Connection in Delafield. He has quite a lot of photo experience and is a very good instructor.