Remember me
Lost Password Register

Camping @ Wazee 9/25 & 9/26
09-26-2004, 06:40 PM,
Re:Camping @ Wazee 9/25 & 9/26
What a great weekend of diving.

Had a good dusk/night dive with Doug on Friday night. Very good cruise along the 100' ledge on the wall. Great dive.

Saturday brought amazing weather and two really good deco dives with Todd, Tina and George. Unfortunately, it also brought a failing tie rod on my truck and $100 towing bill and yet unknown repair charges. Saturday night continued with good drinks, a campfire and fun conversations w/ Todd & Sue.

Sunday, Todd, George and I did another deco dive together and then after Todd took off George and I did another dive along Sherwood forest. We couldn't believe how dark and poor viz it is along the deeper cliffs over at Sherwood. A lot different than the wall.

I met someone from this board while I was out there, but I was brooding over my truck and not feeling extremely sociable. I never did catch his name Sad

Overall though, amazing weather, and some truly top notch diving. It was a great way to spend one of the last weekends of summer - logging some serious bottom time.
09-26-2004, 06:49 PM,
Also forgot to add that I spent some time hiking around some of the spots mentioned in the Divers Guide. I finally went out and toured around the tailings basin, and walked around the field that has the old electrical house and well house. It was a very cool walk along the old railroad spur and seeing all of the taconite pellets along the railway bed. It was enjoyable doing something more than just diving out at Wazee - considering how much time I spend there every year, it was fun seeing some different parts of it.
09-26-2004, 08:42 PM,
Glad to hear you all had a great time. Hope to hook up with ya next year.

Heard they might be paving the main road all around Wazee next summer and perhaps that will help keep the dust down and better vis for all of us.

Now if they would only put in another porta potty by the wall it would be perfect. One is just not enough LOL

gail