Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hello
04-18-2003, 03:57 AM,
Hello
Just thought I'd post a hello. I didn't see a thread for introductions, so here goes. My home is in Beaver Dam, but I got turned on to scuba on a trip with my wife to Cozumel. Got back from that fun and looked into getting certified. I've not been diving long; this will be my third summer. I just got back from Roatan, Honduras where I logged my 130 something dive. I dive Devil's Lake a lot in the summer and frequently meet my daughter at the Pearl Lake in Waushara Cty. (not the Pearl Lake near Beloit). I did one trip to Lake Geneva and would like to go back to Lake Wazee. I've dove a couple Lake Michigan wrecks and look forward to more of that this summer (maybe even a Munising trip).

Anyway, I hope this message board works out well for all. If anyone needs a buddy for local diving, look me up.

Mike
04-18-2003, 08:14 AM,
Re:Hello
MikeS,

I enjoy Pearl Lake in Waushara county and dive it quit a lot in the summer. Usually from Pearl Lake Resort where parking is easy and there is a bar with bathrooms right there. May cost $2-3 but having a bathroom has been worth it in the past. The owner is a hoot anyway.

I live in Wisconsin Rapids so Lake Wazee is a common dive for us. But we go there often as it is big, deep, clear and the fish in the lake move around and act differently with the seasons.

Send me a note if you need a buddy to Lake Wazee, we should be able to find a convient time.

The weekend of June 14-15 is DUI Days at Lake Wazee. If you want to dive the lake and try out a variety of DUI dry suits with qualified instructors, this is the time to go. This is how I determined what style dry suit I eventually purchased and I have no regreats after 70 dives in this suit under a variety of conditions.

Keep us posted.

Doug
04-18-2003, 09:38 AM,
Mike, welcome to the board! Hopefullly we will get a chance to meet up in Wazee this Summer.
--Jason
04-19-2003, 07:09 AM,
Thanks Doug and Jason,

Yes, I know the Pearl Lake Resort well and the owner is a hoot. Actually, both women are interesting. My daughter and I dive there a lot, especially on Wednesdays because she has that day off and I can get off in the summer as I wish.

I'll put down June 14,15 on my calendar for Wazee. I've not had dry suit training, but am very interested to learn, so I'll do my best to make those days. Thanks so much for the info.

Hope to meet you guys and others as the waters warm.

Mike
06-22-2003, 09:01 AM,
Doug,
I did go to the DUI days at Wazee on June 14. I'd never dove dry before and really, really liked it. I'll have to start looking into getting a dry suit, but with a daughter getting married in a week, financing is a big issue, at least for now. If you hear of any great deals in the next few months, let me know. Incidentally, I only tried the trilam suit, didn't do the crushed neoprene, but I think the shell is what I'll want.
06-22-2003, 06:15 PM,
I like shell suits also. Keep an eye out for a used suit, but it is hard to beat a new dry suit. Ask around and see what price you can get.

Doug