Remember me
Lost Password Register

info about dry glove systems needed
04-21-2003, 03:40 PM,
Re:info about dry glove systems needed

OMG, it took my brain a full 10 seconds to digest that. I'm still laughing. Wink
--Jason
04-23-2003, 07:40 AM,
decision is made, rings are purchased
Thanks again everyone!
I got a set of the QGRs (right before I saw JoelW's post) and some very heavy-duty gloves and will be testing them out this weekend during the cleanup dive at McKinley Marina.
Now all I need is my Mk14 helmet and I'll be completely dry ;D
04-24-2003, 09:28 AM,
Hi Joel,
I have a buddy who may be interested in a set of the rings,
how much are you asking for yours?
s.

05-02-2003, 08:05 AM,
initial results on drygloves
Thanks to all and every for their help in pointing me in the right direction. I tested the new QGR system on Saturday and loved it. One small oops was that I had a small fold in my left glove which allowed it to leak, but it was still as warm as neoprene. My right hand was nice and toasty as advertised. One of the best parts is I got two sets of gloves and liners from the hardware store for about $12. So hopefully I'll always be prepared. ;D
05-02-2003, 06:46 PM,
I just bought some Kevlar lined gloves. I hope to dive them this weekend and see how they work. At which hardware store did you find a suitable glove? The firist time that I dove mine, I also suffered from the folded glove problem. When you get them lined up right they work great!
05-03-2003, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2003, 08:44 AM by scubert.)
The Ace store on Oklahoma and Hwy100 has a heavy rubber dipped glove for $7, it's orange, but big enough to take a liner in. I also picked up a black PVC dipped pair at Menards for $3 which I have yet to try. I'd be willing to bet Farm and Fleet has a fantastic selection of industrial gloves.
05-06-2003, 08:43 AM,
I check out the supply of gloves at Fleet Farm (Fond du Lac) and was pretty disappointed. They have a whole mess of fabric work gloves and liners but no a big selection of coated gloves. The closest I found was a Neoprene coated 12" gauntlet and that was VERY stiff. Chris and I bought a couple pair of the Atlas PVC coated Kevlar (660 series) gloves and they are very stiff too. Those blue Atlas gloves (non Kevlar) are the same glove that is sold with the SI-Tech dry glove ring system. You can buy them from

Just do a search for Atlas gloves and look at the 660 series. They are $3.82 per pair, shipping is $9 but they are pretty nice gloves. The 490 series glove is the same thing but insulated, I have a pair of them now, they are nice and warm but very hard to mount on the rings and take forever to dry if you get them wet.
05-06-2003, 11:09 AM,
I particularly like the orange rubber dipped ones I got at Ace on HWY 100. They are very flexible and big enough to take a liner, but do take forever to dry when flooded due to the base material inside the rubber.

There is a glove company out of Illinois - Boss Mfging - that makes some fantastic all rubber - uncoated - unlined gloves that can usually be found at stores that sell industrial polishing/etching/cleaning liquids.
I found out about them here -

which is a really cool (no pun intended) site about antarctic diving.
Tom from Pirates Cove has been on a quest to find cheap drygloves for some time and is a good source of leads on the topic.
05-07-2003, 10:28 AM,

Well, the gloves stayed dry, however they aren't large onough for me to get my hands in with my current insulation. This is DEFINATELY not a solution. If anyone with small hands would like to buy an otherwise very nice set of gloves, I will entertain offers in the $7 range ;D
05-08-2003, 10:14 PM,
dry glove are the BEST
A buddy and I dove Lannon tonite and unlike two weeks ago, I didn't have a glove leak. I love diving with dry hands, talk about warm. Thanks again everyone who had advice on the topic.