Remember me
Lost Password Register

info about dry glove systems needed
04-16-2003, 06:33 PM,
Re:info about dry glove systems needed
I also use the SiTech QGR system. I use a heavy duty chemical glove that is not very expensive and can be easily repaired with a tire patch. One of my gloves got a 3/4 inch v-shaped tear in it at Lake Wazee. Put a tire patch on it and have used that glove for at least 30 dives with no problem. Tire patch kit is <$2 at Fleet Farm.

I like this docking system very much. The only problem I have is that my hands are so large that they just barely fit through the ring with a liner on. But they keep my hands nice and warm. 1.5 hours of diving in Lake Wazee on Saturday proved that for me.

Doug
04-17-2003, 09:27 AM,
Doug,

Can't you put your hand through the ring and then put your glove liner on? This is how I do it. You really don't need that much material to go under the wrist seal to equalize the glove.

Jon
04-17-2003, 02:28 PM,
thanks to all for the great info
I just wanted to thank everyone who pitched in with info on they dry glove thing. Looks like I've got my direction on this issue.
04-17-2003, 04:22 PM,
FreediveWI,

I have tried that in the past without much success. However, I am much more experienced with these gloves now and will give it a try again. At first you do not suceed, try try again.

Thanks

Doug
04-17-2003, 04:26 PM,
Doug,

Do you talc your wrist seals first?

You can use powdered "seal saver" or any NON-scented powder to lube them up and slide them on easier.

I powder my seals, both wirst and neck, every time I put my suit on. It prevents them from being ripped and makes them last a whole lot longer.

Jon
04-17-2003, 10:00 PM,
A good alternative to the talc is ky jelly. I like to use this because it is very slippery and also water soluable. If it comes into contact with water it doesn't turn into paste. The only problem is walking into the store and buying it in bulk....
--Jason
04-17-2003, 11:57 PM,
I have always been a fan of dry suit glove sex. :-* I will try ot that KY Jelly idea. Anything to put that glove on easier.

Doug
04-18-2003, 11:50 AM,
I recently installed a wrist seal protector on my drysuit and thought it was a good idea to share. I got the idea from scubaboard.

I went to Menards and bought an 8" wheelbarrow replacement innertube. I cut a 1" cross-section of the innertube and installed it on top of my dry glove rings -- protecting the latex seals. The wheelbarrow innertube is the perfect size for drysuits.

I included a picture below of the cut innertube and the finished wrist seal guard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   sealsaver.jpg_thumb (Size: 41.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
--Jason
04-19-2003, 10:08 AM,
If anyone who is a fan of the Si-Tech QGR ringset is looking I have a set with the Bare label on them that I am getting rid of.

Personally, I hated them. I rarely had a dry dive. I recently went with a DC lookalike from a company in Germany, , that is sold through Simply Scuba in the UK. Half the price and I am much happier.

JoelW
04-21-2003, 03:13 PM,

Hee hee....that's just waaaay too funny. Drag along a packet of golf balls and a traffic cone as well when you go to the checkout. It's always fun to mess with the checkout clerks.