Remember me
Lost Password Register

Powerboat Races-Divers Needed
07-21-2004, 05:08 AM,
Powerboat Races-Divers Needed
The APBA, American Powerboat Association will be holding offshore races in Milwaukee the weekend of July 30, 31, August 1.

They have asked Deep Blue to recruit rescue divers for the 3 day event. We will need volunteers for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers will be needed to man the crash response boats.

Minimum qualifications are rescue diver, but first responder and paramedic training is a plus. Divers will need to provide their own equipment, the only requirement is a long hose setup with at least a 7 foot primary. This will be an all day thing, starting around 8:00 am and being done by 6:00 pm.

We provided rescue divers for last year's race, and it was a blast!!! We also had a contingent that went to Sarasota last winter and actually participated in a rescue of a boat driver.

Here is the APBA website for more information on what they do. I will guarantee that you will not get a better seat, as you will be posted on the race course.

These boats are the real deal and promise 180 mph speeds on the straightaways. Please contact me on my cell phone 414-975-1119, or via email and I will forward your name on to our coordinator for the event, Jason.