Remember me
Lost Password Register

What Do You Carry
07-19-2004, 04:13 PM,
What Do You Carry
Often the question comes up what kind of camera do you use. Here is a thread to talk about what you got, what you can do with it and why yours is the best.

This is what I have been using.

I use a Sony DCS-F707 Digital Camera in an Amphibico Surveyor 707 housing I use a warming filter in daylight. I use a UK Light Cannon mounted on the housing with a Ultralight Control Systems arm for night applications. I got the camera and housing as a package from Armato's. Check it out.

Doug
07-19-2004, 04:17 PM,
Re:What Do You Carry
until the recent difficulties >Sad I carried the following:
Olympus 4040z (128MB card)
PT-010 Housing.

no eternal flash, etc.
07-19-2004, 04:35 PM,
Mine is exactly like Doug's, except it has a big guy named Doug attached to it. It sure makes it easy for me to get good pictures from dive trips! Tongue
07-19-2004, 05:02 PM,
I have a Sony DSCP-5 camera with the Sony MPKP-5 housing. I've had it about three years now so it's a pretty dated system and specs out on the low end at only 3.2MP. No strobes or anything but it's good enough for me for the moment. I'm not a very serious photographer. Just nice to snap some pics on dives. I usually only take pics with decent lighting and normally don't use the built in flash at all. I use Photoshop 7 for editing and color correction.
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM,
With a good lens, 3.2 megapixal will do a good job, especially if you like to take snap shot of your dive.

You can spend a lot of money on underwater photography, on the order of tech diving. You really need a drive to get great pictures to justify spending the big money for higher end equipment.

As you can see from Chris's comments, some times it is more fun being the model and enjoying the pictures versus dragging all of that equipment through the water. Especially against the current.

Doug
07-19-2004, 07:51 PM,
Olympus 5050 5.0 megapixel camera

Olympus PTO15 housing

Inon Wide angle lens

Inon Wide angle Dome Port

512mb card

I also have a couple of film cameras/ strobes/ lenses/ect. sitting in the basement that I rarely use anymore but can't part with since I have sunk so much money into them over the years and now they aren'r worth squat. :'(

Doug, how well does that Light Cannon work with the Digital camera?? Have you compared it to a digital strobe yet?

Jon
07-19-2004, 08:51 PM,

Jon,

I also have been using a Sea&Sea strobe. Depending on the picture, one works better than the other. I feel that I have not fully explored the use of the strobe yet, so I am not sure which is best. I like the color and the natural feel of the light cannon, especialy on night dives.

More to discuss in the future.

Doug
07-20-2004, 07:20 AM,
I was going to make the same comment as Chris - too funny Smile
08-23-2004, 10:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2004, 10:03 AM by WIdiver_Paul.)
I can't speak for myself, but the nicest underwater camera i've seen is a Nikon D-100 in a Light&Motion housing, with a huge glass dome for the 16mm wide angle. VERY NICE. Light & motion makes the same high quality CNC aluminum housings for Video (TRV Sony's ) as well, but you pay for it again. Retail would be about 8

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg_thumb   titan_d100_tp2.jpg_thumb (Size: 18.07 KB / Downloads: 0)
08-24-2004, 07:00 AM,

I think her still would retail for about 8.

Must be nice to have a trust fund. Wink