Remember me
Lost Password Register

Devil's Lake
04-15-2003, 10:43 AM,
Re:Devil's Lake
Jon,
you've heard of the trouble E.Fattah's having with the tendonitis... not good, sounds like it's really knocked him off his feet. Doing some google searching about monofins yesterday I see he's posted his dilema on some finswimming boards to see if anyone else has had the same trouble. I could see rapid tendonitis coming along with these tight fins, we're going to have to be carefull. Fattah seems to think most of it was cold water related but moving tendons where there is lack of blood flow can't be good. Kinda like running out of oil maybe :'(
Wife and I are going to the lakes early tomorrow morning and I plan to take all the diving gear (oh really :Smile), the wife has purchased a cabin on Little McDonald and we have to be there for a building inspection. If the ice is gone I know where I'll be... well hey, someone has to check out the lay of the lake. Super clean lake and I'm super excited for the both of us and her family. Our family cabin is only 8 miles away. Just a few things to finalize and then we hope to take possession the middle of May. I don't foresee any reason we won't.
The last weeks in the pool I've parked my pure carbons for a 20 minute or so session with the mono and then a 40 minute session with the Gara 2000HD's. The gara's are my backup fins but I never liked how stiff they were, couldn't handle them until now. I haven't had the pure carbons on for a long time, but I'm sure they'll still be my fin of choice for most diving, the way they recover/snap back and propel is fantastic, the garas still feel like I'm doing all the work but has been good excersize I'm sure. The mono, for a short time, might become the fin of choice, but I'm like you, long times in the water and the mono won't cut it. Have to fasten it to my milk crate and drag it along I suppose.
Those C-4's sound like they'll kick a...
Great days ahead.. the ice is goin' goin'! ;D
Fred

Messages In This Thread
Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Re:Devil's Lake - by freediverND - 04-15-2003, 03:04 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by freediverND - 04-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Re:Devil's Lake - by FreediveWI - 04-15-2003, 11:33 AM