Remember me
Lost Password Register

Carry underwater cameras
06-27-2004, 07:53 PM,
Re:Carry underwater cameras
I don't know that there is a DIR way to rig a camera, although I would use a bolt snap or a locking carabiner for wreck diving instead of a sucide clip or a non-locking carabiner for safety sake- but that has nothing to do with DIR and is fairly standard practice in the wreck diving community.

I choose the simple bolt snap because it is small and pretty strong. Since I don't have lots of extra stuff attached to it I can carry multiple cameras, stage bottles, monopods, scooters, canister lights, tape measures, and whatever else I drag with me to shoot pictures underwater- depending upon what I am doing.

The wrist lanyard is for freediving only, although I now have a perfected camera mount on my speargun that I should post some pictures of.

My father-in-law just has his video housing mounted onto his Gavin scooter. As long as the scooter is clipped off to his scooter ring, on his backplate, he has his camera, and his ride Wink, tied to him. He also uses the plastic phone cord for non-scooter dives, but I don't trust the plastic clips when it comes to my cameras. YMMV

Jon

Messages In This Thread
Carry underwater cameras - by Weston - 06-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Re:Carry underwater cameras - by drifter1430 - 08-31-2004, 08:59 AM
Re:Carry underwater cameras - by FreediveWI - 06-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Re:Carry underwater cameras - by dfreeman - 06-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Re:Carry underwater cameras - by FreediveWI - 06-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Re:Carry underwater cameras - by DRE - 06-27-2004, 10:00 PM