Remember me
Lost Password Register

DUI Rally & Demo Days at Lake Wazee
06-11-2004, 08:15 AM,
DUI Rally & Demo Days at Lake Wazee
DUI and your participating DUI dealer are excited you will be participating in DUI’s DOG Rally & Demo Days at Wazee Lake, WI. This is a unique opportunity to try DUI drysuits, divewear insulation, Buoyancy Control Systems, and Weight & Trim Systems. We also have technical seminars, SeaLife ReefMaster digital camera demos, door prizes and more. Most everything you’d like to know about the event is listed below. If you have any additional questions, please contact DUI’s Customer Service at CustomerService@DUI-Online.com or 800.325.8439.

For further information:
06-11-2004, 11:11 AM,
Re:DUI Rally & Demo Days at Lake Wazee
Be sure to tell Dick Long that you thougth it was obvious that if you cut a bunch of big holes in a ship, it'd sink -- didn't he know that? And just how hard is it to get a ship to land upright, anyway. Jeesh!

big Wink
06-12-2004, 09:58 AM,
Has there been any talk about getting a Wreck or Plane or Tank or something for diving. In Wazee.

I just finished reading the book On Wazee It would seem that Its probaly not going to happen but just wondering.

K
06-14-2004, 09:10 AM,
I haven't heard anything anyone else?
06-14-2004, 11:13 AM,
The folks up at Tall Pine Scuba () have been sinking stuff in the local lake mine (Lake Ore-Be-Gone) for years. They have a good relationship with the local government. This process takes quite a bit of time, effort, and grant money.
--Jason
06-15-2004, 06:03 AM,
Has anyone been to these?

Not sure what to expect. So would like input before I run up there this weekend. I am a drysuit diver so maybe nice to see some new stuff.
06-15-2004, 09:15 AM,

Expect a very crowded boat launch with very silty conditions ;D
DUI demo days IMHO is one of the best initiatives ever - before spending huge money on a drysuit you get the chance to dive every UW/suit combination possible and talk to some of the most knowledgeable people on the topic, plus it's a great way to get to know other divers. I will be there for both days to catch up with some old friends...
06-15-2004, 09:24 AM,

Expect a very crowded boat launch with very silty conditions ;D
DUI demo days IMHO is one of the best initiatives ever - before spending huge money on a drysuit you get the chance to dive every UW/suit combination possible and talk to some of the most knowledgeable people on the topic, plus it's a great way to get to know other divers. I will be there for both days to catch up with some old friends...
[/quote]
I've heard the visibility is quite poor at Wazee right now without a bunch of people flopping around on the bottom in drysuits they aren't familiar with. If you are expecting the great vis Wazee is known for you may want to reconsider. Jason or Doug, care to comment? I will be there on Thursday and can post an update then.
06-15-2004, 09:28 AM,
The viz is not the greatest out at Wazee - the shallows are all fairly cloudy - once you break down to about 100 feet, it starts to clear up nicely.

The recent rains have trashed the viz pretty well.

Doug and I had an excellent dive along the deeper cliffs at Sherwood forest - some excellent viz was had betwee 95 and 105 feet.
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM,
So who's going to DUI Demo days? My wife and I will be there Friday night, staying for the weekend, and we're trying to figure out the camping situation...

David