Remember me
Lost Password Register

Whatever happened to NITROX...
05-28-2004, 12:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2004, 12:59 PM by jasondbaker.)
Re:Whatever happened to NITROX...

We can get pre-purchased air fills around $3-3.50/fill in the cities. And that's for an AL80 or pst130... pumped up to whatever you want. Prepaid nitrox is $6-8 and tank size doesn't matter.

I recently read that Europe is coming out with a new tank valve standard. Tanks that hold nitrox will have different valves than thanks that hold air. I can't deal with the fat nitrox stickers. Imagine having to deal with different tank valves. Those people are nuts. That's a step backwards.

--Jason
05-28-2004, 12:58 PM,

We can get pre-purchased air fills around $3-3.50/fill in the cities. And that's for an AL80 or pst130... pumped up to whatever you want. Prepaid nitrox is $6-8 and tank size doesn't matter.

[/quote]

If gas weren't so damn expensive right now it would be worth the drive ;D
06-01-2004, 07:28 AM,
If your a member of the Four lakes Dive Club in Madiosn you can get air fills for 3:50 at Fontana's
06-01-2004, 08:31 AM,
I agree with Jon, helium is without a doubt, the next nitrox. In fact, helitrox and heliar will allow divers to explore the depths beyond 100 feet with dramatically less effect from narcosis, and fills will not be that much more expensive than a standard nitrox fill. In fact, a 95 cubic foot tank of helitrox 26/17 (26 percent oxygen 17% helium) would cost just over $16!!!!!

Training is much more accessible too, as I can train divers that have decompression techniques level training and teach them to use helitrox in as little as 4 dives for much less than a full trimix class. (Class cost will be around $350) This approach provides a bridge between decompression diving using nitrox for decompression and using helium in thier bottom mix that doesn't require a student to go all the way to trimix in one step.

This should be a much safer and more prudent approach that could actually make helium below 100 feet, a reality. Even here in conservative Milwaukee!!!!!

06-01-2004, 08:38 AM,

When can I sign up?
06-01-2004, 09:03 AM,
Don't want to get too commercial on this forum, but I will put a post together under dive shop events with details.