Remember me
Lost Password Register

Fire Dept Dive Procedures
05-26-2004, 07:15 PM,
Fire Dept Dive Procedures
I am looking to rewrite/modify my fire department's diving protocols and procedures. If any of you are on a dept or dive under emergency conditions and would be willing to provide a copy of yours for comparison. please forward a copy to.....

firefighterdennis@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

05-27-2004, 08:57 AM,
Re:Fire Dept Dive Procedures

Check out the Public Safety Divers forum @ Scubaboard as well.
05-27-2004, 09:56 AM,
Re:Fire Dept Dive Procedures
We have had lots of business dealings with various local fire department dive rescue teams, and would suggest contacting either the guys on the Mukwonago FD or Town of Delafield FD, as they have some of the best training programs and operational procedures around.

Colin.
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM,
Re: Fire Dept Dive Procedures
We've had a recent change of leadership within the Dive Team.  That, plus pending warm weather, has everyone thinking about diving.  We are going to be rewriting our SOGs and I'll get a copy to you.

I know where you are today and I'm quite jealous.  I was supposed to be diving but other guys bailed out.  I should have come with you!

We are diving tomorrow, I'll get you some pics.

Hey, you did some research on new dry suits for the team didn't you?  I'd love to see what you came up with.  Ours have seen better days and our Lt is looking for ideas.

Talk to you soon brother,
T
03-13-2005, 06:50 AM,
Hey Bothers, Our Dept in northern Wi is also starting a 2 year long program up to PSD and I'm trying my best to gather SOG's and everything else that I can. I'm getting most info from Lifeguard Safety Systems (LGSTeam.com) Are any of you familiar with this certifying agency? As far as drysuits, it seems that Viking surveyor meets and exceeds about everything thrown at it.
Mark
03-13-2005, 06:57 AM,
A thought occured to me. My post on this board about PSD was removed. Another posting I put under "advanced" was left up, but it didnt get you other PSD divers notice. Maybe a seperate catagory for those of us who dive on Fire Depts as well as other SARR divers? Just a thought,,,Mark
03-13-2005, 09:24 AM,

Mark,
Jason or Omicron should be able to make you guys a PSD category.  I removed the original post from general scuba because it was exactly the same as the post in the other thread.  I should have just moved it so the title stayed here.  Sorry.

Chris
03-13-2005, 12:37 PM,
No problem man ,,,,thats my favorite saying from the islands. the saying I hate the most is,,, "in awhile man". That means it might be later, it might be next year! *L*
But anyway, thanks for posting, I knew my first post didnt rreally belong in either catagory since it's certainly not general, and since we cant wear backplates, long hoses or use trimix's, not tech either. I was just looking for other FD's and SARR team divers. Keep the faith Chris and a little water in the ears,,,
    Mark
03-13-2005, 01:54 PM,
I'm willing to create a PSD category if there is enough interest and someone is willing to moderate it. 
--Jason
03-16-2005, 11:01 AM,
I havent heard much from you fellas about SOG's, but our dept just reviewed and adopted SOG's from Chippewa Falls fire dist. I seen mention of Mukwonago FD as a well organized team. I also noticed that they received training from Lifeguard Systems, which is the same instruction plan that our team is adopting for certifications. I'd really like some added input from some of you who have more experience than I do. We have good confidence in our plan and safety measures, but one never knows where things can go astray. So, contact me if you would please. My email is "Scubapro51@excite.com" or you can snail mail me at Phelps Fire Dept, Phelps WI, 54554 Attn: Mark. If you want my phone to chat a bit, just ask for it off board and I'd be more than happy to send it off.
                                Mark