Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee 5/1 or 5/2?
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM,
Wazee 5/1 or 5/2?
Anybody been in the water at Wazee lately? What's the vis and water temp?

I'm interested in making a run up there this weekend, if there's someone I can tag along with...

Me: new to Wisconsin diving -- dive wet (7mm one-piece plus hooded vest) -- over 600 dives in Southern California -- single tank, non-DIR diver

Thanks,

John
04-26-2004, 08:28 PM,
Re:Wazee 5/1 or 5/2?
Hey John,
Cant help you out on the stats, or being a buddy this weekend. I am not sure if you are also on MNscuba.com, but yo umay want to be. They have alot of members that hit Wazee as well, you are pretty sure to find someone to dive with if you use both sites..
Good luck
Deano
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM,
I was in Lake Wazee April 17. The visibility was good and getting better. Temperature was 48 deg at the surface, 41 at depth.

Visibility is probably at least 20 feet if the weather is decent and not a lot of rain. Temperature will be 50 deg at best. Has not been that warm up here.

Probably will be diving this weekend at Lake Wazee. Sunday is best for me. Will let you know how the plans turn out this weekend.

Doug
04-28-2004, 08:38 PM,
John,

Myself and another local BRF diver will be diving Sunday afternoon, most likely around 3-ish. Will that work out for you? Email me at mrclean_409@yahoo.com to work out details.

Hope you can make it.

Andy
04-29-2004, 12:13 PM,
John,

Ack, my boat charter out to the Willie was just canceled, so I'm looking for a dive buddy too. I'm available anytime 5/1 or 5/2. You can e-mail me at steven.mueller@usa.net if still available.

Steve
04-29-2004, 04:56 PM,
Would still like to get out this weekend, trying to figure out the details. I'd have to be back in Dodgeville by about 3pm, though.

Other major issue is that I don't have tanks in Wisconsin yet (brought everything else) and I'm having trouble coming up with some! My regs are DIN and very few people seem to have these... Then I made arrangements with a shop to buy a used HP120 which I was going to pick up today, but it turned out that it had rust inside it... which the shop guy thought was just fine and I, well, didn't think was just fine!

Wazee Watersports (is that the name) has a couple rental DIN tanks, but he just filled them with Nitrox for training this weekend (and for whatever reason I've just never gotten around to Nitrox training...). Anyone know if Three Little Devils rents DIN tanks? I could pass them on the way...

Such a pain!!! ;-)

Oh, by the way, the guy at the Wazee shop says that the temp at 80-ish feet was 45 degrees earlier this week...

04-29-2004, 05:08 PM,
John,

What about getting a couple of yoke adaptors to use your regs with a standard tank? I am sure that Pirate's Cove and Deep Blue would have some for you to use. Pirate's cove also has rental DIN tanks on the boat- they are lp 80's and 3000psi 94's.

You can pick up yoke adaptors off of E-bay for less than $30.

I'd lend you the ones I had, but I just sold off the rest of my sucba gear a couple of weeks ago.

Jon
04-30-2004, 05:52 PM,
John,

I am available to dive on either Saturday or Sunday, any time.

I have a yoke adapter that I will not be using if you need it.

Let me know if you are going, need a buddy the way it is.

Leave a message or an e-mail from this site.

Doug
05-02-2004, 08:26 AM,
Was in Lake Wazee Saturday and the conditions are good. Visibility is best above 30 feet and below 100 feet. Fish are moving up, saw a few smallmouth bass and schools of small bluegills. THe minnows are active also. Nothing in the fish cribs. If the visibility keeps improving, the fish watching and diving should be great next weekend and the rest of May.

Tempurature ranged from 41- 50 depending on depth.

Doug