Remember me
Lost Password Register

Whats open?
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM,
Whats open?
Anybody have any reports on open water here in Wisconsin yet? We were supposed to dive out of Kenosha the last couple weekends, but bad weather killed that.
04-21-2013, 08:07 PM,
RE: Whats open?

Did Red Granite today. Only 6-7 viz. I'm sure all the rain had something to do with that. Drove by Big Green on the way home and it was ice from about the Heidel House east. The rest looked open.
04-22-2013, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 07:00 PM by Chris H.)

Did Red Granite today. Only 6-7 viz. I'm sure all the rain had something to do with that. Drove by Big Green on the way home and it was ice from about the Heidel House east. The rest looked open.
[/quote]
Redgranite is ice free? Where did you enter and what was your dive profile? Did vis get any better deeper? In years past there has been good vis in the 50-70ft range.
Thanks
Chris
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM by Chris H.)

[/quote]
Redgranite is ice free? Where did you enter and what was your dive profile? Did vis get any better deeper? In years past there has been good vis in the 50-70ft range.
Thanks
Chris
[/size]
[/quote]
There is no ice on Red Granite. I entered on the east side. Didn't get deep, 35' max. 40 min bottom time most of which was spent around 20'. Was there mainly to work on/refresh some skills.
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM,
Thanks for the info.

I edited the prior two threads to make the text normal size. Nothing else was changed.
04-28-2013, 06:56 AM,

My dive club is diving Lake Beulah today in East Troy. I can't today since I have to work, but click on the link later today or tomorrow for a full dive report. As we dive once every week.

05-05-2013, 05:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013, 05:18 AM by matt t..)
Dove the Milwaukee with Shipwreck Adventures last Sunday am. Heading back out today to dive it again. I haven't been on that wreck for a couple years. Some areas look the same, and others look to be falling apart more than the last time we visited. Visibility was 75+ on the bottom with 39 degrees. We did a 1/2 hr bottom time with the scooters. Deco was 7 minutes @ 20 ft on 50%. Looking forward to warmer water, longer dives, and seeing some other wrecks I haven't seen in a couple years. Next weekend the rebreather comes back out and we will try to get reacquainted after the long winter. Photos are from last weekends dive on the Milwaukee.             (photo credits Greg SuchExclamation).
05-09-2013, 08:36 AM,
Dove Lower Oconomowoc Lake last night. Went down to 53 feet, vis was about 20-25 feet. Water temp was 43 degrees @ 53fd. Dove with a 7mm Wetsuit and was plenty warm. Had 1hr of bottom time. Only a few treasures found. Very soft bottom, seen some good sized northerns in the lake. It was a wonderful night for a dive. Going to dive this Lake again next week Tuesday night.