Remember me
Lost Password Register

Major forum upgrade
10-02-2012, 10:08 AM,
Exclamation  Major forum upgrade
Good morning, I have successfully transitioned the wiscuba.com forum to a new software platform and hosting server. The design and functionality of the forum is fairly basic right now. I will add new design elements over the coming weeks. My goal is to ensure that the forum is stable.

The new wiscuba.com platform utilizes a software solution called MyBB. I believe that the new forum software will provide a number of capabilities that were not possible with the previous forum solution.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues working with the upgraded forum. I don't expect everything to work perfectly. I appreciate your patience as I identify and resolve issues.

I am aware of two issues with the forum. First, it was not possible for me to transfer avatars from the old forum to the new forum. Please upload your avatar again if it is missing. If you linked your avatar to an externally-hosted image then it should be working properly.

Second, I was only able to transfer about 75% of the attachments from the previous forum. Trying to convert SMF attachments to the new MyBB format was an exercise in madness. I spent 2-days working on the problem.

I hope everyone enjoys the new forum platform and I look forward to adding more features in the coming weeks.
--Jason
10-03-2012, 12:02 PM,
RE: Major forum upgrade
Thanks, Jason.