Remember me
Lost Password Register

Missing Iowa Diver may have been found
08-20-2012, 05:21 AM,
Missing Iowa Diver may have been found
A diver who went missing on the Lakeland in 1999 may have been found...
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
08-20-2012, 09:04 PM,
Re: Missing Iowa Diver may have been found
Here's an article from my hometown newspaper providing more details:

--Jason
08-31-2012, 06:29 AM,
Re: Missing Iowa Diver may have been found
Does anyone know who the divers were that brought closure to this sad incident?
I would like very much to hear their story.
Adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble. <br />Nobody over eighteen in his right mind looks for it.
10-02-2012, 06:24 PM,
RE: Missing Iowa Diver may have been found
I heard this from a friend, who heard it from a reliable source.
Two diver, at least one from the Milw. area found what they thought was a scuba tank laying on / in the bottom.
When they moved the tank they found that Dirk was attached and buried in the sediment.
Our thanks to them for bringing him up.
10-21-2012, 08:00 PM,
Your friend heard false information. The divers involved were from out of state and chose not to speak to the media. The recovery was not done for publicity.

11-01-2012, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM by schalge.)
[/quote]

Hello Christopher

There was a Police Report you must know and also a Coast Guard report. Both are available to the public. The Door Co. SD thru WI. Open Records law and the CG report thru the Freedom of Information act. Both mention the divers names.
Owning and managing a web site with an open forum carry some responsibilities.
Its kind of like being in busness...
Name calling is totally uncalled for. You may think its cute but many dislike it.
Many will avoid your site for this reason.
A member of the USCG was my initial source. I now have the records...
11-01-2012, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012, 01:11 PM by Chris H.)
I'm missing something here. I don't believe I called anyone names, nor did I intend to offend. I don't own this website either.

[/quote]

Hello Christopher

There was a Police Report you must know and also a Coast Guard report. Both are available to the public. The Door Co. SD thru WI. Open Records law and the CG report thru the Freedom of Information act. Both mention the divers names.
Owning and managing a web site with an open forum carry some responsibilities.
Its kind of like being in busness...
Name calling is totally uncalled for. You may think its cute but many dislike it.
Many will avoid your site for this reason.
A member of the USCG was my initial source. I now have the records...
[/quote]

Perhaps you are referring to my signature line that is a George Irvine quote?