Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just got back from Honolulu!
04-03-2012, 08:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM by MNDiveLady.)
Just got back from Honolulu!
Hey Everybody!

My 13 year old son and I had two dives on sites just out of Honolulu, Hawaii with AquaZone dive shop.  I think he's ready to do the full dive training now that he got his feet wet!

He wanted to do a pool session first.  AquaZone was one shop in the area that could do that. 

He was OK in the pool, but a little nervous fresh off the boat.  His instructor was patient in finding out what his concern was (fins felt a little too large).  After that he was ready to go.  Me, on the other hand, found that my reg mouthpiece was half chewed through by a nervous diver before me...Had to get that replaced.  The shoulder dump valve on the BC was leaking and had to be tightned up to hold air.  Other gear at the pool looked worn, regs bubbled from connections. 
Overall, we had a safe and fun time.  My Jr. Buddy had good trim and buoyancy most of the time except one time the instructor and I had to pull him back down before he floated all the way to the surface!  Hmm, that sounds like me when I first started diving!

We had a great time with the sea turtles at Turtle canyon and the vis was much better at Ewa Reef/ pipe.  Look out for the urchins! 

We also met a family from the Chicago, Illinois area.  Several youths were doing their checkout dives!  What an awesome place to do them!
Lisa
I love to go down with other divers!