Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel
03-16-2012, 08:16 AM,
Cozumel
Hello from Cozumel.  Wish you were here.
03-16-2012, 10:20 AM,
Re: Cozumel
...hi Mike...where / who are you diving with..?...  ...BTW...the ice on DL went out this past week...
03-18-2012, 09:55 AM,
Re: Cozumel
Hello Dave,

We stayed at Hotel Cozumel but dove with Jorge Marín Moreno.  His dive op is called Cozumel Marine World.  Much more than happy with him and his crew.  Jorge is the only PADI Course Director on the island  and one could see that he is well-known and highly respected.  So, I guess it is a bit unusual to have a CD for your divemaster, and he and his other DM, Pablo were just great.

We did 10 dives total with one night dive.  On that one the current was just ripping north to south.  A little more work, but still a lot of fun.
Our other dives had good variety from coral formations to marine life to strong and gentle currents.  We saw all the usual:  nurse sharks, spotted eagle rays, octopus and on and on.  Even a few reef sharks were spotted by some of our group, but i missed them.

We had ten in our group.  All related to the school.  When Lisa and I decided to go we just told a bunch of people, gave them our travel agent's number and we all went together.  Great time, great folks, great dives but now we're home and it just seemed to go too fast.

Now that the weather here is getting better, we should start thinking about another DL get together.

Hope all is well with you and your family, especially that little grand daugheter.

Hope to see you soon.

Mike