Remember me
Lost Password Register

Red Granite
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM,
Red Granite
Anyone have any recent info on what is or what will be going on with the quarry??
03-16-2012, 11:48 PM,
Re: Red Granite
Stopped by Wed.  Only fish up were trout.  Lots of trees blown down.  No snakes yet.  Cleared the debris out of the gap to the mosquito pond, and had a major torrent of water rush through.  Probably dropped the quarry 6".

Anyone up for a bonfire? 

Methinks it might be fun to gather up the floating logs to the point, cut them up, and have a nice bonfire.  There's a nasty widowmaker by the drive in lot back of the pickle factory that needs to come down, and a few more blow downs on the trail.  Enough for a good council (log cabin) type fire.  Out on the point you wouldn't have to worry much about the fire as you have water on three sides.  Have to clear it with the PD though.
DEW >&ltWink)>
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM,
Great dive @ RG today. Warm sunny (sweaty) weather for gearing up, and a nice cool off when we got in. Bottom temps were 40 ish, and 50's on surface. Didn't do much digging, but found a nice watch off of the west wall. A new battery and I'll be sporting a new piece of flair! As always, an after dive lunch at the Curve Inn Cafe and some more plans for the next dive adventure.
03-18-2012, 07:29 PM,
I'm jealous.
I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.
03-18-2012, 07:39 PM,
It was a fun day.  OC is like riding a bike, CCR is not so much.  Vis was respectable down to around 80ft.  Temp at depth was 39F per the Uwatec TEC 2G and 41F per the Shearwater Predator. 
03-18-2012, 09:49 PM,
Don't be. We're diving April 1st and April 15th. Call to reserve your spot. Seats are limited!
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM,
Was a pretty good day!  The gills/crappie/bass were up in the weeds out on the point, but weren't hungry for Gulp! scented food.  Have to replace the lower valve on my main snorkel as it kept leaking, and it's also time for a new wetsuit as the repair on my knee ripped out again.  Could see the boats and other new items from the surface so we might have a clear year.  Also ran across 2 garter snakes on the north wall.
DEW >&ltWink)>
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM by Dewit2it.)
RE: Red Granite
Was out on wednesday. Here's some of the pics.

Got 1 more!

DEW >&ltWink)>