Remember me
Lost Password Register

Big Green Lake
01-30-2012, 07:04 PM,
Big Green Lake
Was wondering if anyone has ever dived Big Green Lake?  Would like to give it a try this summer and was looking for suggestions on some good spots.  I have snorkeled in the shallow bays and it is pretty clear, vis. around 25 - 35 feet.
01-31-2012, 08:28 AM,
Re: Big Green Lake
I've been there a number of times. A locater is a great tool on this lake for finding places to dive. I usually looked for places with rock bottoms. Better viz and good for finding fishing lures and boat anchors. Some of the steep drops are more of a wall dive which isn't something you can dive on in a lot of inland lakes. Overall the lake has a lot of different kind of structure so depending on what you would like to dive, with some searching, you should be able to find it here. I don't know of any sunken boats or vehicles but last year I added a side imaging sonar to my boat so perhaps this year I'll find some other interesting stuff to dive.
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM,
Thanks for the info.  I marked a couple flat area's on my GPS a couple years ago, all around 30-50 feet and looked like rocky or sand bottom.  I will probably give one of them a try.  I have a small boat so diving out of it will be a challenge, but a friend of mine and I are going to give it a shot early June.  Let me know if your ever looking for a dive buddy for Big Green, I am 45 minutes away.
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM,
be safe as you know on weekend boat traffic is heavy and a dive flag brings in the boats!
02-11-2012, 09:24 AM,
I would probably dive during the week, alot less boat traffic.