Remember me
Lost Password Register

HD Video from Canon SLR
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM,
HD Video from Canon SLR
Is anyone using a Canon SLR for video? If so, which model camera are you using and how is the quality?

Thanks,
WW
11-14-2011, 09:43 PM,
Re: HD Video from Canon SLR
I'm pretty sure that is what Ron Benson (Deep Thought) uses for his video. 
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM,
Yes the Canon 7D shoots awesome HD video, good enough to shoot the Doty name board for the Nat Ego special last year.  The production company used only 20 seconds of my stuff, but they paid 100 per second, so I guess that is good enough  ;D

This last season I shot some video of Elaine from Titan ccr, diving the Grace Channon, with Titan LED lights.  They were super nice even lighting, and more power than I shot on the Doty project.  I've seen some video with the new Gates lights that are super bright, but they blew a lot of back scatter. 

Soon I will be in N. Florida shooting video with this camera in the caves, so I'll try to post some new videos.

11-18-2011, 05:46 PM,
I read somewhere that Canon didn't have continuous focus on their SLRs but all the video I've looked at so far looked good. It's funny you mention your Doty footage on Nat Geo. I keep telling myself that I'm not shooting for Nat Geo or anything like that Smile I look forward to seeing your cave videos.  Thanks for the info.